“American Airlines: Simply, The Worst.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Diverted to Montgomery due to weather in Pensacola, early June. No updates, no personnel at an airport that was closed for the night, no information, nothing—a timed-out crew and scant options. They finally got a crew in six hours later. On the trip back, flight was cancelled on Saturday a week later. Scrambled to book a 0540 flight home. Again, no gate assistance, offer of reimbursement or credit for our hotel stay, nothing. That flight delayed due to flight attendant shortage, then taxied back to the gate for hydraulic malfunction.

American Airlines operations management is thoroughly incompetent. This is a broken carrier in every sense of the word. We’re done with American.

Date of travel: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (73,027)

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Wasted a whole day at MIA getting on and off planes that had maintenance problems. American Airlines gave very little information and certainly nothing in the way of sustenance. Sat on runways for almost 3 hours on first 2 planes with no air. AA finally found plane without engine problems. This was not encouraging since all 3 planes were Max 737's. Finally arrived in Antigua at 8:47 pm and left airport after 10pm and we were first out. Obviously missed day of vacation. I have never flown on another airline american or foreign who treated passengers so poorly and disrespectful.

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Trying to make changes to a flight that they changed and can not get a person on the phone. I can not make this change on line. I've called and was waiting for a call back. They did call back at 3am, yesterday. Today they called me back at 6:30am and placed me on hold for the past hour and 1/2. Still no one to speak to. Why call me back, if you are just going to place me on hold ?

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Very Very Very HORRIBLE customer service. They don’t know how to communicate & talk to you any kind of way. My ticket was “canceled” because I didn’t “check in” but the catch is I had my ticket & ready to be scanned. Long story short I missed my flight & had to sleep in the airport overnight on the floor. & on top of that I was thinking I had a morning ticket for rebooking & come to find out after I noticed an EXTRA $70 charge off my card my ticket was for the next night..... Very cold only one blanket ALL food places closed. Just a very HORRIBLE experience compared to Southwest Airlines ... I WILL NEVER BOOK WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES & SUGGEST YOU DO NOT EITHER!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2021

I have several flights booked with American for the next year. The flight we just had out West was amazing. The crew and flight times were perfect. We had a very pleasant flight. One crew member, Lisa, went above and beyond. But here is why I gave them one star. I had to make some changes to our flight for this trip and have now been trying for days to make a change to a flight for Italy next year. Both times it is almost impossible to get someone online. They finally called me back for the change out west at around 10pm. I called that morning. The trip to Italy has been very frustrating. I have been calling for three days. One day they called back and put me on hold and I finally gave up after 30 minutes. The next day they called back at 2am and I did not answer. Right now it is 4:11am and they called me back 1 hour and 16 minutes ago after waiting 18 hours for a call back. They called me back and put me on hold. This is ridiculous. I won't book them ever again even if the flights are great.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.