“worst airline experience to date”
Review of American Airlines

DON'T FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE
This was supposed to be a very short, easy, travel day. Unfortunately it was not.... Originally flying to my destination, they "forgot to put the checked bag" on my plane to San Antonio Texas (flying out of Alabama).... Then were not able to get the bag to San Antonio a full 24 hours later. My returning flight back to Alabama, My flight was delayed out of san antonio, to dallas. The people at gate said it was due to weather. The hour delay cause by weather made me miss my connecting flight in Dallas. My connecting flight was at 8:50 p.m., I arrived at 8:30..... Customer Service was an absolute nightmare. Ive never seen or experienced Airline employees be so rude and condescending towards clients. I was 1 of about 100 people that were not being compensated for delayed flights caused by weather, the best they could do was to rebook for 24 hours later. No hotels were offered, not even discounted vouchers were offered. Im not the person to get angry with comstomer care often, but this was infuriating to say the least.

• Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (72,241)

Reviewed 1 March 2021

American Airlines is the worse company to travel. If you are thinking to book a trip with them, you rather not. I’ve had 6 trips cancellations and they don’t care about passages. They only care about them. Their policy is unfair and insane. I won’t never travel with them.

Reviewed 1 March 2021

3 out of 4 flights I was on were delayed by at least 1 hour causing missed connections, several rebookings (which were also dslayed). @AmericanAirlines get your sh*t together

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Been sitting in a place for 4 hours now refueling. Every time they announce that the plane is gonna take off, they add another hour. Worst airline!!! Worst business!!! Don’t book flights with them.

1  Thank audreyjdjdbd191
Reviewed 28 February 2021

My first flight was delayed 40 minutes. It was the first flight of the day, so I’m not sure how that happened. Thankfully, I had enough of a layover to not stress about making it to my next flight.

It turns I wouldn’t have needed that longer layover as the next flight was late to arrive, therefore my flight was late to take off by 30 minutes. We taxi’d on the runway for another 30 minutes before we were told we needed to turn around and get more fuel. Once we got to the gate and sat there fueling up our pilots told us that due to the delay they had “timed out,” so another crew was going to come on and fly us to Omaha. I am sitting here writing this as I’m waiting for that crew to come. At this point we will be at least 2 hours late.

Good thing I ate something before getting on the plane since they aren’t serving food either.

My boyfriend also experienced similar delays and issues when he flew American.

I’m going back to Southwest after this.

1  Thank faberaly
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.