“Do not travel with American Airlines”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 1 March 2021

American Airlines is the worse company to travel. If you are thinking to book a trip with them, you rather not. I’ve had 6 trips cancellations and they don’t care about passages. They only care about them. Their policy is unfair and insane. I won’t never travel with them.

Date of travel: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72,726)

Reviewed 1 March 2021

3 out of 4 flights I was on were delayed by at least 1 hour causing missed connections, several rebookings (which were also dslayed). @AmericanAirlines get your sh*t together

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Been sitting in a place for 4 hours now refueling. Every time they announce that the plane is gonna take off, they add another hour. Worst airline!!! Worst business!!! Don’t book flights with them.

1  Thank audreyjdjdbd191
Reviewed 28 February 2021

My first flight was delayed 40 minutes. It was the first flight of the day, so I’m not sure how that happened. Thankfully, I had enough of a layover to not stress about making it to my next flight.

It turns I wouldn’t have needed that longer layover as the next flight was late to arrive, therefore my flight was late to take off by 30 minutes. We taxi’d on the runway for another 30 minutes before we were told we needed to turn around and get more fuel. Once we got to the gate and sat there fueling up our pilots told us that due to the delay they had “timed out,” so another crew was going to come on and fly us to Omaha. I am sitting here writing this as I’m waiting for that crew to come. At this point we will be at least 2 hours late.

Good thing I ate something before getting on the plane since they aren’t serving food either.

My boyfriend also experienced similar delays and issues when he flew American.

I’m going back to Southwest after this.

1  Thank faberaly
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Bought my tickets through Travelocity in July 2020 for a great price. AA changed the return flight times from 1:10 to 3:28 back in Oct 2020. I never received any notification. That change left me with 1 hour and 14 minutes to go through customs and meet my connecting flight in Miami. I contacted AA and they put the blame on Travelocity. I understand Travelocity should have notified me but AA made the changes that are impossible to keep. AA customer service wouldn't even talk to me.

When we arrived at the FPO airport to come home the AA ticket person looked at this ridiculous schedule and changed us to a flight where we were now leaving Miami the next day. Keep in mind I am 59 and my husband is 63. I asked her if we are supposed to sleep on the airport floor. She told me to talk to the people at Miami.

Because my tickets are now not connected I had to pick up my carry on in Miami and have it rechecked. AA wanted to charge me a second time for my checked baggage. I had to talk to those folks about the horrible mix-up that is all AAs fault before my baggage was accepted.

Then they made me leave through a locking door into the terminal. I am no longer in the secure area. So now I not only have to sleep on the floor but I am now unable to access food. I tried to reenter but TA would not let me pass because our tickets were for tomorrow.

The only saving grace for your horrible airlines was the manager in Miami. She was the first one in all of this nightmare that even bothered to listen to us. What should have been an easy flight home from a great vacation turned into hell! You really need to have customer service that listens to your customers instead of blowing us off to the next stop. This could have all been avoided if you didn't allow changes that were impossible to keep. That is all on you!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.