“this is a long and horrible story”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Bought my tickets through Travelocity in July 2020 for a great price. AA changed the return flight times from 1:10 to 3:28 back in Oct 2020. I never received any notification. That change left me with 1 hour and 14 minutes to go through customs and meet my connecting flight in Miami. I contacted AA and they put the blame on Travelocity. I understand Travelocity should have notified me but AA made the changes that are impossible to keep. AA customer service wouldn't even talk to me.

When we arrived at the FPO airport to come home the AA ticket person looked at this ridiculous schedule and changed us to a flight where we were now leaving Miami the next day. Keep in mind I am 59 and my husband is 63. I asked her if we are supposed to sleep on the airport floor. She told me to talk to the people at Miami.

Because my tickets are now not connected I had to pick up my carry on in Miami and have it rechecked. AA wanted to charge me a second time for my checked baggage. I had to talk to those folks about the horrible mix-up that is all AAs fault before my baggage was accepted.

Then they made me leave through a locking door into the terminal. I am no longer in the secure area. So now I not only have to sleep on the floor but I am now unable to access food. I tried to reenter but TA would not let me pass because our tickets were for tomorrow.

The only saving grace for your horrible airlines was the manager in Miami. She was the first one in all of this nightmare that even bothered to listen to us. What should have been an easy flight home from a great vacation turned into hell! You really need to have customer service that listens to your customers instead of blowing us off to the next stop. This could have all been avoided if you didn't allow changes that were impossible to keep. That is all on you!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,902)

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Racism towards African Americans. We also found out today this is not the first time this has occurred. Very unprofessional, hurtful and we will never fly with this disgraceful so called company again.

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Terrible customer service!!! Don't waste you're time... Stay away form him!!
Very quick in temperament. Given state of the world, a man with these types of anger issues and need of attention should not work with people, especially in an airport.

Reviewed 27 February 2021

This was the worst flight I have benn on in twenty years. Can we get these seats any closer to each other? The plane had approx four inches of legroom. I could not move at all throughout the flight. I was in pain and panicked a bit due to claustrophobia. This arline keeps pushing seats closer and closer. Hopefully on day we will be laying on top of each other as they have almost gotten it to this point. Despise American for crushing people. I'm 5'7 208 lbs weightlifter and felt I was inside a 2x2 cubicle. Pure greed.

1  Thank whoc382
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Social distancing? Absolutely none. Normally I wouldn't comment but they make several announcements on practicing Social distancing and wearing masks but don't push it. We were standing on top of one another while boarding and unboarding, in restaurants, etc.

Customer service? Staff have no personality whatsoever. If you are anywhere but first class, don't expect to get any service at all. Out of 4 stewards, we saw 3 twice. We were two seats behind first class and their service was nonstop, offering food and other drinks besides water. Guess us 3rd class steerage aren't worth much. One walked by collecting garbage, my boyfriend had his hand extended to give it to her, she looked right at him and kept walking.

Delays? We had a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes of delays with 1 hour of this sitting on the tarmac. 25 minutes waiting for ground crew because, as the pilot put it "they didn't know we were coming". How does this happen?

Boarding? We were group 7, seats 6A and B. They called group 1, 2.... when they called 6, we got ready to get in line. He skipped 6 and called group 8 to board. Again, what?

Just horrible. Will never fly AA again.

1  Thank BonnieNeedsAVaca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.