“First long haul AA flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I usually fly on airlines from Asia, because, in my mind, they offer better attendance. But I have to admit that the attendants on this flight did not let me down. They tried their best to make my flight a comfy one, with a genuine smile.
The only downside on this flight is that there is no way for you to get a window or aisle seat for free; I tried to get mine during the 24 hrs check-in time, but I had to pay around $100 for it. I tried to do it while checking-in at the airport and the same, at around $100. Another reason, for me, to fly on Asian Airliners.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,508)

Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

I was not allowed to use my reward miles on most of the available flights which resulted a 5+ hour layover at LAX. Flight attendants were less than friendly.

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 11 March 2020

In a day and age where the competition is fierce, customer service should make everyone feel like royalty. The hardest decision should be “They’re all so good, who should I choose”?

My daughter and I booked our flight through Priceline, they are going to get a scathing review. We paid $186 for the upgrade to select our seats. They charged our flight in two parts. No problem. So we thought. Leaving Phoenix and Charlotte, the airlines were great. They informed us that the upgrades did not go through but they were compassionate and worked around the error by Priceline, and gave us even better seats to accommodate the baby.

However, on our return, direct flight with American Airlines, we encountered the most unpleasant and rude attendant Pagda in Newark. Our seats were already second and last row. My daughter had no one in the last row with her. The attendant charged us an additional $12 each to sit one row behind that had only my daughter. We paid for an upgrade and we ended up in the last row, right outside the double latrines with everyone coughing, sneezing, and flushing, and then swinging those nasty germ infested doors open. Pagda knew exactly what she was doing. And yes, I’m going to go there with my next statement. We Americans are mostly warm and welcoming, we don’t care were you came from. Heck most of us don’t know where we really came from but we love lavishing others with our American hospitality. You Pagda,are from another country, welcomed and employed by what many would say is a great place to work for. You meet hundreds of people from all over the world. Your customer service skills should be on point. Hundreds if not thousands, would love to be in your position. There was no reason for her to be impolite and then charge us an additional cost when the seats where already empty, she isn’t making a commission, and the seats were in the worst place you could put a 5 month old. Whether American Airlines does anything about this, poor behavior should be reported. We were unjustly charged for accommodation that were not honored, recharged to sit in the back and then treated like second class citizens.

The pilot did a great job and the one male, Latino flight attendant should be recognized for his professionalism, patience, and attention to all the nagging customers in the back

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Never again..older pilot from Charlotte to Boston was wonderful...New and clean with no in-flight entertainment

Date of travel: January 2020
Reviewed 11 March 2020

I would fly with them again. The flight departed on time. It was not a full flight so I did not have anyone seated next to me.They provided plenty of food including a dinner meal (chicken or pasta) salad, bread and dessert. They provided beverages including beer and wine and soda complimentary. After several hours they gave us ice cream and prior to landing a light meal. Our bags were at the carousel shortly after we arrived and in good condition.

Date of travel: February 2020