“Good flight and helpful staff”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 11 March 2020

Flight was completely booked. Not a single sit was empty. Airline staff worked fast and efficiently to get all on board and out of the gate on time. Flight attendants were also very efficient to get all their drinks and such and with a full flight this is something difficult. Seats were OK, nothing to write home about. Each seat had screen and good movies, USB port and connector. Will fly again AA for sure.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,508)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

Airline was ok. The airport was HORRIBLE.
First the taxi driver drops us off by a fence (in the rain) on the outer road. I had to get our bags over the fence, no easy task for a 75 year old. We got to the airport about 6:20 am for a 9:23 flight, No one at the ticket counter to check us in, waited about an hour. Then through security, TSA pre check means nothing. We get to the hall for the security check and the gate was locked. took over 1 hour to get through security . THE ARUBAN equivalent of TSA was VERY rude. Now we have to pickup our luggage and go through US Customs. Only 2 agents for a plane load of people near the end a 3rd agent showed up. Then we have to drag our luggage to a belt and go through another security check where the agents were even more rude than the first group. We got to the plane about 9:10 am. THE WORST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD I HAVE EVER BEEN IN AND IT GETS WORSE EVERY YEAR.

1  Thank rogerztripz
Reviewed 11 March 2020

-American Airlines lady rudely asked why I would come to the airport to purchase my flight(because you save money but clearly this cost me more). I waisted parking $$ and Gas for her to not even be willing to do her job.
-I was then told to call on the phone because she didn’t know how to help me
-I call on the phone, and waited TWO HOURS for it to hang up on me and say I needed to call back later.

The only reason I’m flying with American Airlines again, is because I have leftover money on their gift card from when THEY messed up last time and missed the connecting flight window, so I had to wait 10 hours for the next flight while the family next to me had to wait until the next day. Leaving us stranded at an airport.

Karen rant is over but seriously fix your process, American.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Usual flight with American. Okay and safe. However we had to circle a long time before we landed due to no space on the ground to land. Made a bumpy and late arrival. However, the bad news was arrival and immigration and customs. It took 2.5 hours to clear. Hot lines outside, close crowded space inside. We were told that the airlines schedule too many flights in a short amount of time. Especially on Saturdays. It wasn’t exactly American Airlines fault but some staggering of arrival times would be good. But must admit we have never flown in on a Saturday before and never will again.

Reviewed 11 March 2020

The flight was okay. There was nothing special about it. The flight attendants were standoffish which is typical of American's flight attendants. They are snobby and rather old. They do not put forth an extra effort to make the flight enjoyable or comfortable. The flight was totally full. We had to check our carry on luggage at no charge which was okay since we had a piece of checked luggage.
I will say the curb side service was excellent in Chicago and returning from Miami.

1  Thank Dan L