Our flight was delayed several times after we arrived at the airport, then it was canceled. When we went to the ticket desk to be rescheduled, we could get another flight back to our city for that day. When I ask about putting us up for the night, that was not acceptable, they wanted us to spend the night in the airport. When asking about flights to another city, we were told they had one seat available to Roanoke (knowing we were traveling together husband and wife). We were offered a much later flight to Charlottesville, a 65 mile drive home but was after the car rental agencies had closed. We had to check with family members who have a small toddler to see if it was possible for them to drive over an hour to pick us up after midnight and then drive back home. So wish we had other choices besides American.