“American Airlines constantly delaying and/or cancelling flights.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 26 December 2019

Our flight was delayed several times after we arrived at the airport, then it was canceled. When we went to the ticket desk to be rescheduled, we could get another flight back to our city for that day. When I ask about putting us up for the night, that was not acceptable, they wanted us to spend the night in the airport. When asking about flights to another city, we were told they had one seat available to Roanoke (knowing we were traveling together husband and wife). We were offered a much later flight to Charlottesville, a 65 mile drive home but was after the car rental agencies had closed. We had to check with family members who have a small toddler to see if it was possible for them to drive over an hour to pick us up after midnight and then drive back home. So wish we had other choices besides American.

Date of travel: July 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,902)

Reviewed 26 December 2019

this is the best flight at the right times. I been taking this flight for years ,alot less people in the airport and easy to get to.

2  Thank EBERHARDTERIC
Reviewed 26 December 2019

For years I have used United Airlines . Probably mostly because that is what my parents used and they have lots of flights our of my home hub. However over the last few years I have switched to American. It has been the best experience all the way around. I like that they hub out of DFW. Great for Winter time. Less delays etc. the service on board is more friendly. The amenities and service seem to be better. Overall better service from checkin to landing. I would recommend American over United hands down.

Date of travel: November 2019
2  Thank ctexeter
Reviewed 26 December 2019

Horrible flight attendants and multiple delayed flights, will never fly again. Highly recommend not to purchase

Reviewed 26 December 2019

Flight cancelled twice on Christmas Eve. Had to fly into a different city (or wait for next flight 30 hours after original) and provided no compensation for accrued expenses. I won't be using them again.

Date of travel: December 2019
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.