“A boring uncomfortable flight.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

AA51 yesterday, 24th Dec '19.

Late leaving Heathrow because the in flight entertainment system was not working.

Options - wait 2 hours for part to be sourced and fitted
Or
Head away without on a nine hour flight

Captains choice - let's go.

To be very fair - the staff were wonderful and attentive, the food ok, the choice of drinks poor and, for the fare paid, complimentary supplies - not the best.

The assistance people were wonderful and the Afghani gentleman in DFW was a pleasure to encounter.

The flight from DFW to OKC was far more comfortable than the 777 that we came over on.

Sadly I think it is now time to reconsider if American Airlines is worth the small saving V's the lack of value.

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (71,508)

Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

American Airlines offers a good business class service on its overnight flight from Buenos Aires to New York. The seats recline all the way to flat-bed level, there is a good choice of movies and the flight staff are helpful. The food certainly is not the best but there is at least some variety of choice, so you should manage to find something that will suit you. I would use them again.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

While united air left me stranded, and with hours of holding for substandard customer service, they did one thing right.. they booked me on American airlines. Not only did they get me on my way, but a wonderful woman at an earlier gate hot me on the earlier flight. I will be home for Christmas! THANK YOU AMERICAN AIRLINES

Reviewed 25 December 2019

Two delayed flight on our way, one delayed so long on the way back we had to cancel and rebook with another flight. To top everything off one of our flight attendants on the flight to Oakland was the most rude and disgruntled person on the plane.

1  Thank Defensivetrainer
Reviewed 25 December 2019

Whenever I book online, I am usually given between group 7to 9 classification. That means boarding when all the overhead storage space is gone. Guess that is not the airline's fault.
However, due to mechanical difficulties my flight was delayed from JFK to Baltimore for 7 hours and from Miami to Antigua for 2 hours. I believe that for AA our safety is of paramount importance.

• Food and Beverage