“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

The AA Coach class experience on AA 119 was outstanding. Row 17 legroom is better than Business legroom. Complimentary lunch was very tasty. The cabin interior is updated and clean. Seats are comfortable and electronics are superior. I wish all AA domestic flights were this nice. Thanks AA for a great flight!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (30,339)

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I arrived early enough at DFW airport to be able to relax and charge my phone. Although I am TSA PRE, that did not matter for this trip overseas to Jordan. I had to go through the long line for security checking and that is when I was stopped. They found an illegal substance on my laptop. After two pat downs it turned out to be pesticide residue from the yard treatment the day before that had got on my shoes and transferred to my hands to the laptop when I packed it. Finally I was allowed to go to the gate and relax so I charged my phone while using my tablet. They finally called for boarding and I proceeded through the gate, but my blue tooth warned me that my phone was disconnected. I had left it in the lounge and they would not let me go back to get it. Fortunately one of the attendants fetched them for me.
A layover in Chicago was expected, but it was not long. I went to the terminal where I boarded flight 234 Royal Jordanian airline. That’s when I found I had a middle seat in the middle of the plane between two guys one of whom had nervous leg syndrome. Sleep was near impossible on this 11 hour flight. When I finally arrived in Amman Jordan I was met by our tour representative who walked me through the security checks and then we went to get my luggage. Guess what? American Airlines never put my luggage on the Jordanian plane. They left it in Chicago. I ended up having to pay someone to get it two days later and that person never got me a receipt to prove I had it picked and driven to me.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

It was a regular flight without issues. The plane did not have screens however the in-flight entertainment accessible via AA mobile application.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

This flight is always late. If it wasn't one of the few non-stop flights, I would not take it. The aircraft- A319 - is fine and crews tend to be good, today too.
But how can they not sort out an available gate when the delayed flight arrives. It's over 2 houraa after take off, so you know when it will show up. Not fair to passengers or crew.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My wife and I were flying from Greenville, SC to Charlotte, NC and the Charlotte to Cancun for the start of what we hoped to be a glorious vacation. American AA quickly screwed that up for us. They rerouted us though Dallas,TX then to Cancun. We had purchased First Class seats and with this change they could only get us 1 first class seat and 1 economy seat . This was on both flights. After boarding the plane I realized I was given a middle seat that added insult to injury because there were many other seats available. On top of that I suggested to the woman who was supposedly helping us are you sure there are the best seats we can get and can you put in for the next flight to move us back to first class and was told that couldn't be done. Well we got to Dallas, TX and I went to see the people at customer service who looked over our account saw what I said was the truth and first got me to a better economy seat and then put me in for a priority spot on the list for a first class seat. When we got to the gate they had already put the seat aside for me . The customer service woman also gave me a voucher for breakfast since my wife got the breakfast we paid for in our ticket. It wasn't great but it was something. American AA is pathetic at best and the level of their people is mostly poor. The woman in customer service said to me "just because someone graduates it doesn't mean they were at the top of their class" I guess the bottom of the barrel is good enough for American AA, just hope the pilots are not the same. I'll contact American AA for a refund and maybe get $10 back on a $1000. ticket. Economy on American AA is horrid, no room, no nothing.

1  Thank Richard F