“Another terrible experience with American Airlines”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My recent nonstop flight was delayed 6 hours, and ultimately cancelled. The reason for the delay was that they allegedly could not procure a pilot to fly the plane. Yes, I'm serious. No weather delay/issue, no aircraft delay/issue, no problems at either airport. Just simply that the pilot had reached his/her apparently self-appointed allotment of flying hours for the week and went home. Lovely. As a result, AA put us up in a ridiculously rundown and simply awful Airport Sheraton (trust me, this was no ordinary Sheraton. If I had been alone I would not have felt safe there.) We slept 2.0 hours and returned back to the airport at 3:30 AM for our rescheduled travel which would take us essentially the entire day to arrive home. This is the final American Airlines travel issue for me. No more. There is a reason why they are consistently rated so poorly.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,852)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Overall, excellent flight, difficult landing on very windy day. Check in at Dallas with curb side luggage service was very helpful. flights were all on time.

1  Thank James W
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Since 2006 coming back from Thailand I have been in love with AA. With pending bankruptcy their team had all the reason to be grumpy. But everyone was awesome. This Monday on my way back from Boston, normal delays, etc. But staff cheery and I appreciate that. Not a biz traveler and not connecting so I didn't have to worry about landing other than timing to go to the office the next day. Very pleasant.

1  Thank citykir
Reviewed 7 December 2017

we secured the seats with extra leg room. Worth the extra. in flight movie, beverage service, and friendly staff.

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 7 December 2017

round trip....trip up was okay...crowded, cramped, but got me there. The trip back should have been one hour....12 hours later I got home. 9 am direct from La Guardia to Pittsburgh was delayed numerous times and then finally cancelled. Scrambled, but even after visiting the American customer service had to catch a flight to Philadelphia then Pittsburgh. That flight was delayed....just missed the connection...and had to wait for the next flight to PIT. Every flight was crowded...don't sit in an aisle seat unless you enjoy the cart hitting your elbow.