“What a terrible configured plane ”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After Alitalia left my country a few years ago they are back and i thought let me try them. The arm rest has the remotes in, not infront under the screen like most airlines. This makes the arm rest not able to lift up, makes them bigger than normal. You have to lift the arm rest up a bit in order to lower your tray. Then the arm rest goes over the tray. As the arm rests only go up a bit, if you are in the middel seats and the person infront of you has his seat reclined you are pinned in your seat. The arm rest block you from getting out. This was truly a safety concern for me. I tried to connect to the wifi. I was billed 3 times but never had connection. I tried calling the airline but they advised its a 3rd party they cannot take responsibility for the wifi on board. Ive never felt so pinned in a flight as Alitalia. This was my 1st and last time. I would suggest just leaving again, its clear why no one flew flew Alitalia back then. The staff only react to the call button if you press it on and off a few minutes non stop. Otherwise.... nothing. After in the air for 2 hours, no drinks was served. They give out food 1st..... drinks come 30mins later. It should be drinks 1st. Then food. Whe wants to eat after 2 hours of breathing dry airplane air? And God alone forbid you must ask them for a drink after meal service. You get rolling eyes and get told go to the back and help yourself. Really???? Wow! Alitalia has lost me as a flyer.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (11,866)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The 12 hour (turned out to be shorter) flight was uneventful but excruciatingly long. But the flight crew was very good, providing meals, snacks, and beverages throughout the flight. Although the personal displays were small, they offered a wide selections of movies and TV programs that kept many occupied. We were pleased with the Economy service.

The challenge was that we did not realize that 1). there was a passport control station with a very long queue AFTER check in and security check, and 2). it was a long 10 min walk from the passport control to our Alitalia gate. Although we checked in over 2.5 hours before our flight, by the time that we got to our gate, the plane was almost completely boarded. Part of it was our fault because, after a quick check in and security check, we thought that we had plenty time before our flight, so we stopped for a cup of coffee. So be aware that there is a passport check after you check in and the line there can be very long.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Poorly run airline. Terrible food distributed by rude attendants. We were denied water and other beverages during the flight. Restrooms were not maintained for the number of passengers on such a long flight from Rome to Toronto. I cannot recommend this Airline and will not use them on future travel. If you're looking for top-notch Airline check KLM. We flew them from Toronto going to Italy and returned on Alitalia. They were worlds apart in service quality.

1  Thank V S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

top service, top food, top for sleeping , the best service in business class i arrived from business of thay airwais (bad siege and bad service)

1  Thank guido f
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I lost my wallet. An Altalia attendant,Rosella, walked me back to security check and back to my gate and I was able to find my wallet. Thank you Rosella, you were amazing!

;