“Don't buy premium”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I paid for 4 premium seats - 4+ hour flight, expecting to get an open middle seat. I paid $237 for the premium as an upgrade for my family of four. Instead of having an open middle seat as the premium seat includes, they moved us as we boarded the flight, and put one of us in the middle seat that they claimed would not be occupied. The flight was not full.. they just upgraded someone else into one of our seats. It's not the end of the world, but when you pay that kind of money for an upgrade, you expect to get what you pay for. I called to complain afterwards, and they offered a $50 credit for a future flight. No thanks.

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (16,198)

Reviewed 4 April 2021

My family and I were traveling to visit our grandmother in her final days and to help our children and grandchildren move into their new home. These beautiful angels made our travels smooth, hassle free and very pleasant. The staff checking us in leaving Alaska wasn't pleasant or kind. She tried to charge us for luggage as mileage plan members. Low and behold it was on our tickets and she didn't even know that. We almost our flight due to her attitude and unprofessionalism. But these beautiful ladies went above and beyond. Coming back we missed our flight from GA to AK and this beautiful soul Ms. Eleanor Jaubert in GA made it work out for us. She put us on the next flight with a spirit of compassion and made sure our miles were added. She was so happy to help and get us taken care of. Thank you Lottie Sonthisay, Shallani and Naomi in Seattle. I am so thank ladies, my angels for being as amazing as you were during a painful time in our lives.

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 4 April 2021

Picked this flight because it was four hours non stop. Traveling with our dog in the hold for the first time and wanted it as short as possible. Was told Alaska Airlines was great to travel with an animal. First changed our time, no biggie cause we just want the short flight. Then changed it to a Seattle stop and layover. When I called to ask WTF was met with a completely uncaring person obviously working for a completely uncaring company. No concern for me as a customer and certainly none for our pet. Airlines are the worst at changing itinerary and not caring at all about what it does to the passenger. I had thought Alaska was a grade above, I have found out different.

Date of travel: January 2021
Reviewed 2 April 2021

I don’t recommend Alaska Airlines to anyone. They don’t care about their customers. Due to incompetency of their employees I couldn’t fly home and spend holiday time with my family.
I bought non-refundable air ticket because I was flying to the country where I had citizenship and all citizens could enter the country without any restrictions. It was in the very end of December 2020. At the check-in an employee told me I couldn`t go because to enter the country I was going required COVID test. I it was not applicable to me because I have citizenship of that country. Then she called for another employee, they talked and this time they told me I couldn`t go because for the rules of their Alaska Airline to have COVID test to go on board. At the Alaska Airlines website there was no any information that anyone was required any test to go on board. And the flight Alaska Airline was to perform was not international, it was from San-Francisco to New-York. I was to change the airline in New-York and proceed internationally. I can`t understand what was the basis for such decision from those employees and where they got this information they didn’t tell me.
Sometimes I think they did it for fun. Or it was awful incompetency and irresponsibility.

I lost $600 air ticket and Airbnb reservation. My plans to spend holidays with my family were ruined.

I came home and wrote a letter Alaska Airlines customer service and asked them to send me the information where it stated that passengers had to have COVID test. They sent me a link where they suggested me to find out myself if I was eligible to fly without test. Following the link I received the information that test WAS NOT necessary for me. I sent them those results. I received apologies and $100 discount for the next travel with them. This is ridiculous, Alaska Airlines!
Your employees are so incompetent and your customer service is insensitive and non-caring. I will never use your service again. And I will spread a word where possible how you treat your customers.

Date of travel: December 2020
Reviewed 1 April 2021

I missedy.flight because I was nervouse after 2 past crashes and did t hear the gate change I was strip searched went through full bag pull everything out twice and the gate attendant said I was drunk . I don't drink. I'm just crippled and scared I will never as log as I love fly with Alaska Airlines again worst people work here and there is no help for people that need it no courtocy phone or no one could tell me where it was. I'm a good man a search and rescue captain. A firefighter captain and a critical care flight Paramedic I've never been so miss treated FFFF SCORE go to peoe treating school not everyone moves like their 20 and no one cares about the Older

Date of travel: April 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.