“Issues but still great service”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I got upgraded to 1st Class. The Airbus Virgin 1st class seats are AMAZING!!! I highly recommend going 1st Class on these planes. The seats go all the way back. Almost like business class to Europe.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,519)

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Although the flight to Alaska required to previous connections the gist of this review is regarding the flight from Seattle Washington to Sitka Alaska.

Alaska airlines uses a Boeing 700 to herd people from Seattle and then onward to Ketchikan, Sitka, Anchorage, Juneau and God knows where ever else.

I believe the seats were designed to provide comfort for extremely small passengers. Unless you can fly “first class“ every seat is extremely uncomfortable.

The flight was always almost full on the way up and on the way back, and for whatever reason, they opt to use the smallest and oldest of their aircraft to shuttle everybody up through and into Alaska.

I can only believe like almost every airline in the world is strictly for the sake of money without any regard for passenger comfort. On the way up to Sitka from Seattle our first stop was in Ketchikan. While there we were not permitted to disembark stretch her legs and breathe fresh air. Interestingly though, on the way back we again stopped in Ketchikan, but this time we were allowed to disembark and then re-board so long as we provided our ID and boarding pass.

However after purchasing some water and snacks we came to the gate, where the agent thought she owned the airline and the airport and refused to allow us to get back on the plane. It was clearly a demonstration of trying to control and let people know that she was in charge.

Moments later whatever reason she walked away and another agent took her place. When we approached that agent we were immediately allowed to get back on the plane. And although I communicated this problem Mattick employee as well as the miserable flight conditions I’ve heard nothing yet from Alaska airlines.

Now the worst part is, as far as I know, is that Alaskan Airlines is essentially the only airline that you can take from Seattle and get to Sitka Alaska. If not and there is an alternate airline then I would strongly recommend taking that one.

Again I want to point out that this is only the flight from Seattle to Sitka Alaska. All the other flights with Alaska airlines were very nice and reasonably comfortable from an economy standpoint. Although on the way back home we did upgrade to “premium” which was a significant improvement over coach/economy.

1  Thank Avus32
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Overall I was very impressed by Alaska. I am a platinum Advatage member so I had not flown Alaska before. The service from Love to Seattle was on a regional jet and mediocre at best. The flight attendant in first did very little and the service was about like coach. However, on the full sized Alaska planes to Anchorage and then onto Fairbanks was great. I would not hesitate to fly them again, but I would avoid the regional service out of Love Field.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I have been flying Alaska Air for more than 25 years. They are an excellent airline. The Flight attendants are well trained as well as the gate and checkin counter personnel. They use newer equipment and the Pilots are Highly Skilled. I have been on a few flights with them in Alaska , that we had heavy snow, high winds and a short runway, The Pilots always make a perfect or near perfect landing. I really feel safe on Alaska and with the excellent customer service I will always fly Alaska Air when ever possible.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My grandson is 6'3" and. He had plenty of room for his legs. Knees were not touching seat in front of him. Comfortable seat. All employees were friendly and very helpful. Great hot and cold food choices.