“World traveler”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I have flown Alaska to Cabo many times. No issue. Today, I try and fly from PV to LA in premium. I’m always well dressed and a premium traveler. BUT today, as my gf boarded the plane the man at the gate looked me up and down and said I couldn’t board. I say, why? He looks at me up and down again and then mutters fag. seriously?!? He said I had 2 margaritas. I said, how do u know that? He says, the airport has cameras. 2 drinks and gay, apparently, loses all rights. Never In my life! Tragic. Isn’t this 2018? I’ve never felt so discriminated against. Unacceptable! Shame on #alaskaair

1  Thank Rik T
Write a ReviewReviews (10,505)

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I decided not to review our flight from Santa Rosa to LAX. It was not pleasant, on many levels.
The flight from LAX to Loreto, BCS, Mexico more than made up for it.
Upon boarding, the flight attendant steered my son into the cockpit to meet the pilot and co-pilot. Where their conversation kinda went like this: Hi young man. What's your name? I'm Nolan! I know something or two about airplanes. (He proceeded to tell them about lift and drag) Pilots ask where he learned it, Nolan replied Back pack Jack and Hard Hat Harry. I explain about those guys, and the videos they do. The pilots act impressed. And one of them asks Nolan if he knows what yaw is? Nolan replies, Of course I do! But you're the pilot and you shouldn't be asking me, I'm just a kid! Both pilots laughed pretty good. They gave Nolan a nice set of pilot wings. Told us to enjoy our flight. When we stepped out of the cockpit, the attendants were chuckling, too. After finding our seats and getting underway, a coloring book and crayons showed up. We got some cookie things and sodas. The attendant called Nolan by name when she spoke to him. Everyone associated with Alaska on this flight was awesome! It was a fun pleasant group of people. The flight was smooooth. When we deplaned in Loreto, both pilots told Nolan it was great to meet him, and to study so he can be a pilot, too. They shook hands. The crew went out of their way to make Nolan feel special on this flight. Yes, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
There was no movie or meal available on this short flight. Wi-Fi was good. Seats were ok, like a car seat. Only thing that could've made this trip better is a real lounge area in the Alaska Airlines area of LAX. We spent a 4 1/2 hour layover there. Uncomfortable most of the time. We logged many miles on the escalators due to the lack of anything else to do, even with his electronics. But the flight itself was fun!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I fly Alaska Airlines whenever I possibly can. With an occasional exception, they have done an outstanding job in hiring staff who reflect their brand personality: warm, professional, genuine, helpful and caring. Alaska is consistently on time (or early) which is a big deal for business travelers. I so appreciate the staff and the fact that I can count on them when I travel - which is often.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Check in was flawless, prompt, courteous, departure gate well managed, boarding smooth and organised. Good and clean aircraft, adequate wash room,
Crew was excellent kept coming and serving us, very caring attitude, welcome experience. WiFi on Board excellent connectivity all the way

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Booked flying economy and at check-in requested upgrade due to recent operation on my knee and was awarded economy plus at no extra charge - very thankful. The extra legroom was much appreciated.