“DON’T!!”
Review of Azul

Reviewed 26 April 2024

One word says it all….DON’T! Returned from 2 months travel in South America. Flew Copa, Aerolineas, LATAM and another I can’t recall….THEN flew AZUL. First any communication you perchance get is in Portuguese, without an option on the web to switch to English. Then despite ads which were sent to upgrade I NEVER received ONE email from them regarding any of the multiple changes they made to my reservation. Yes, the other airlines I noted above made changes….BUT I was made aware and could take action. AZUL never did. And when I found out that my flight had been delayed until the following day and needed to book a room for the night I was told to submit a reimbursement form for refund. Then the flight was changed AGAIN, and I was not notified, did not have the opportunity to get a refund and rebook and once I tried to put in a request for reimbursement and went through 4 weeks and 4 calls with the call center I was denied a refund because I had learned of the change through my own hunt 4 days prior to the flight, not their 3 day limit….although I would still have had to purchase the extra night regardless. Although this is annoying to say the least the call center guys put me through TONS of steps to get this accomplished and loads of time on my part, trying to get the correct receipt from the hotel (nota sfical) that I had to reach out to them about….and when it was denied they gave me an email to appeal to where no one ever even responded. The flight itself was nothing bad nor good. Just a way to get from point A to point B, but SHOULD anything at all go awry…you’ll just have to eat it. AND you better be sure to check daily if they have changed your flight because you CANNOT COUNT IN THEM to notify you!

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Worst company I had to face.
First flight cancelled without any notification. Then the flight we had in exchange was by night (no choice) and 6 hours late. No compensation and no information by the company. Worst trip ever had.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank laure G
Reviewed 4 April 2024

This company is a joke, 50 minutes waiting on the phone to reschedule my tickets.
I bought in Greece through booking.com and any changes I need to make to the flight should be done by their website which does not work in Greece.
I asked my mom to go to the website as she is in Brazil, and when she tried to change the flight it was saying we needed to call because I bought the tickets in EUR not BRL.
She called multiple times NOBODY picks up the phone. In this very moment she is waiting over 1 hour to speak with an agent.
From the bottom of my heart I hope this """"company"""" ends up like VARIG.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Paradise20533529303
Reviewed 3 April 2024

Terrible to use as a foreigner. Can’t purchase your checked bag online as you need a CPF code which online Brazilian citizens have. Online the checked bag was around $50 USD. So they force you to check in / purchase bags and seats at the check in counter. The price for a checked bag at the check in counter is R$815 which is around $160 USD. ALMOST TRIPLE THE PRICE. SO THEY FORCE YOU TO USE THE CHECK IN COUNTER WHERE YOU HAVE TO PAY TRIPLE THE PRICE

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 22 March 2024

A complete disaster! They changed three times our flight from Campinas to Florianopolis without providing any explanation, only saying that our flight had changed and offering a different schedule. We managed to finally check-in on a flight that was leaving 10h later than our initial flight, and they changed this one once again, and this time they offered us a departing flight that was leaving one they later than our return flight. We ended up canceling our trip and losing the money of the hotel reservation. DO NOT FLY AZUL AIRLINES!

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Customer service
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.