“Nightmare airline”
Review of Azul

Reviewed 8 March 2024

My brand new suitcase came to destination with a hole. They refused to refund the damage saying that the damage has to be so bad so that the luggage is unusable. They refer to the ANAC law, but they misquoted the law and closed the file, so you can't even access the previous correspondence, deleting the entire file.

Reviewed 6 March 2024

This is a horrible airline. I booked round trip tickets from Fort Lauderdale to Recife. Azul canceled the flights and replaced them with much longer flights that had layovers. In fact, Azul canceled my return flight twice forcing me to buy a second connecting flight from Fort Lauderdale back to Dallas. I got no apology, nothing comped, zero upgrade. Actually I paid for an upgraded seat that I didn't even get. Just do yourself a favor and don't fly this airline. I'll never fly Azul again.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank rfoutz
Reviewed 15 February 2024

Very good airline. Good legroom and inflight service. Boarding was easy and we were offered the choice to put our hand luggage in the hold. This was great for us as we already had checked in luggage. Our journey was nice and relaxed as we did not need to find overhead space for the handluggage.😀

Reviewed 8 February 2024

Flying from Sao Paolo to Rio I was not aware that the flight would be on a nine seater Cessna. The flight was on time, smooth, had fantastic opportunities for wear out my camera. Flight pilot and co-pilot pleasant and friendly as were the ground staff at CGH and RRJ. (Flight was not to SDU but was to Jacarepagua RRJ which does not come up as an option on TA)

Reviewed 2 February 2024

The outbound flight was better than average and entirely acceptable. However, issues arose when the return flight got canceled by the airline. I had no opportunity for compensation regarding my Airbnb accommodation or Uber expenses.

The customer service team struggles with English proficiency, and when submitting required documents via email, the response is cold, stating "It is not acceptable." They don't provide proper explanations or offer a chance to resend documents; instead, you're directed to initiate a new claim.

After multiple frustrating calls, I found that the customer service is unhelpful, and if you seek a supervisor, you're informed, "Sorry, we have no supervisor who speaks English." Each response from them takes about 5 to 7 business days, reiterating, "It is not acceptable!"

After realizing I was losing more money by wasting my time following up with them, I decided to discontinue. I lost $300 USD due to this cancelation. I acknowledge their shortcomings in customer service and cancellation policies. but it is okay, There is a risk and learning process in each trip. I learned not to fly with them ever again.

This is an honest review — not out of hate, but as a precaution against potential financial losses due to flight cancellations.

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.