“Horrible long haul flight”
Review of Edelweiss Air

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Horrible food, Minimal drink service, poor service from airline staff. Bad seat assigned with no assistance from staff. Flight was not full. I had a medical issue and they wouldnt help me switch seats without a 699 upgrade fee.

After I advised what was happening with me they refused to even make eye contact for the rest of the flight. Edelweiss wont let you prebook seats, We got stuck up against a toilette wall with no recline and less knee room for 10 hours.

3  Thank MzesDW
Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed 30 May 2018

First of all we had a delay of 4hrs before the flight due to the broken engine. At least that's what the crew announced at the gates. That however was not a big deal, things break and then get repaired. The problem was the cabin temperature. I have some long-haul flight experience with various airliners but I've never felt that cold like on this flight. Many passengers were complaining but were completely ignored. I had two blankets and long sleeves, shoes, fully prepared for winter, but temperature was unbearable. We all got sick in next few days (group of four).
The crew had a weird attitude and you can just feel the vibe that something's wrong among them.
The food was also terrible. That's usually not a surprise but this time it was impossible to eat.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank tezvi
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This airline damaged my luggage on a short haul European flight from Zurich, and then subsequent on the return damaged a second bag. There has been NO response from the airline in remedying the luggage which cost over 1k GBP. I would NOT recommend this airline they are very ruff with luggage! I have flown all over the world including all over Asia and domestic flights in India. I have the best rimowa and Samsonite bags no airline has ever managed to damage them and not both pieces are destroyed. I would NEVER fly this airline again!

2  Thank wendy290
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Got economy air from Edelweiss Air as part of a guided tour to Croatia, returning home from Venice. I upgraded on my own to Economy Plus, with extra space and seats that reclined more than an inch! The upgrade included priority boarding and upgraded food with all the drinks and snacks I could eat. The service was great the flight was on time and the interim layover at Zurich was manageable and actually quite pleasant.
Big props to Edelweiss Air, a division of Swiss Air.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Se flew Edelweiss for a short vacation trip in the Canary Island of Fuerteventura. It was our first trip with Edelweiss and what a GREAT surprise!!
All flight team was great: friendly and helpful! Flight was full of kids and they were prepared: gifts to all of them, a small bag with things to draw (even our 6m daughter got one) and all kids received lunch earlier.
Also the food served was great!
Flight was on time, all good!
(Only negative point was lack of boar entertainment).
Totally recommended!