“So glad we chose to fly Thomas Cook's premium class from Las Vegas to Manchester, England”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 29 June 2018

The last time we flew to the UK, we took an American Airlines flight to Edinburgh. The return flight on worn lumpy seats with no entertainment save for looking at Greenland from the seat window was a killer. So when a friend recommended we look into Thomas Cook's premium tourist class non-stop flight from Las Vegas to Manchester, I took the tip and ran with it. My wife and I had roomy seats with good service and entertainment choices at less than we would have paid for tourist class on the better known airlines we looked into. They are more stringent on carry-on baggage and I found it a little tedious to get in touch with someone to answer what were essentially anxiety questions caused by my being a Thomas Cook newbie. We also had to catch a short-hop flight from our home in the Phoenix area to Vegas. But it was worth it and I would do it again without hesitation.

1  Thank Jim R
Write a ReviewReviews (10,690)

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The most fantastic experience! The staff were so helpful and lenient when I was ever so slightly over weight. The aeroplane itself was new and clean and the food was delicious! Everything worked perfectly and there were no issues. I highly recommend flying this very affordable airline and will definitely be a returning customer. Thanks for the excellent service!

1  Thank Emma-Jean R
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

When we booked our holiday to Santa Eulalia Ibiza. We pre booked seats as my mum has disability and needs to be near front. We were told rows 1-5 were more expensive and would have been £330 more for our party. I personally find that’s discrimination against disabled people my mum has trouble walking and with her balance having to struggle down the plane is not good for her. And when we got on the plane it seems they had changed seating and there was no extra charge for rows 1-5. We were taken to the plane via ambulift we had no issues with the staff they are brilliant. But had a 10 minute Waite as captain was not on plane . Then when we got to Ibiza the plane was parked in wrong place so had another 10 minuete Waite for steps and ambulift. We got on coach to our resort and waited another 20 minutes thinking was for other passengers. Only to be told we were waiting for 4 reps must say we were shocked because we never get 1 rep never mind 4. So we finally get on our way we were told our hotel was 3rd drop off. As coach got close to 1st hotel a rep said hotel name as ask ppl to get things together at the first hotel 3 of the reps got off. Then they announced 2nd hotel as we got close to ours the rep picked microphone up then started messing with his Mobile the coach driver went past turning to our hotel and ended up in another resort the rep suddenly realised so we dropped off at two other hotels then went back ours. All this extra time on coach was taken away from start our hols and didn’t help my mum as she gets coach sick. Our holiday after that was lovely but that’s because we didn’t have anymore dealings with Thomas cook until it was time to go home. The coach driver turns up no rep what a surprise anything to save money. He said Thomas cook didn’t know how many ppl were meant to be picked up. Anyway he collects everyone and sets on way airport. Me and my mum were at front so easy for her getting off. We had our seat belts on. Driver was not concentrating and had to slam breaks on to stop crashing in to another bus. I was sitting forward putting hoodie on and had to put my arm out to save me going over rail and now have a painful arm not helpful when I have my mum to look after. Also a little boy banged his head on seat in front had a bruise and big lump on his head. Personally think the company needs running better leaving customers on coach alone in strange country in my eyes is wrong not really looking after your customers are you. And this is why we will be going with Thompson next time.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I flew premium economy with Thomas Cook in February to Cuba. This was my first time flying premium so I have nothing to compare it to , but all I can say is it was really great. Obviously no queues at the boarding gate as you are first to board so there is no mad rush or hanging around waiting for your number to be called etc. It was all very relaxed and a great way to start our holiday. We were given a choice of champagne or orange juice upon boarding and the hospitality just kept coming, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten so much on a flight ! The James Martin menu was pretty good as airline food goes . And the flight attendants were great with drinks and accommodating people’s wishes . The choice of movies/tv was very good with a fair number of new films alongside others. There was also music if that’s your thing. We were provided with a blanket, earphones, water bottle, toothbrush, fold up bag , earplugs eye mask and socks ( normal type not specialist flight socks ). There was also usb charger points for phones / iPads etc . We flew premium both ways and I would highly recommend it for longer journeys , I would definitely use it again .

3  Thank plee6828
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Flight on the way out to lanzarote was initially delayed by 45 minutes and although disappointing it was up on the board so we could just relax and have some food while waiting. They then called us to board the plane but we had to stand in a queue for over an hour while they changed a tyre - we were just under two hours delayed from our scheduled departure time. Why couldn't they have just called us later than making us all stand? No communication of how long the delay would be, poor customer service.
Flight itself was ok although I wouldn't have been comfortable if the flight had been any longer.
Flight back was also subject to a delay.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)