“Worst airline ever to cancel reservations.”
Review of Icelandair

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I have never experienced such horrible customer service out of any airlines I have ever flown. I travel around the world and never had a horrible experience like I did dealing with Icelandic air. I got very sick. I had a letter from the hospital and the doctors saying why I had to cancel my trip. They could care less. I lost a lot of money. Things happen in life they should take that into consideration. To cancel the flight had to wait on hold for over one hour. They told me they would not credit any money back for the flight. I said can I got a credit? I would have to pay another $100 to change the flight for another date. They did say I would receive $60 per person back for the taxes. Two month go by no credit. I call back and once again I’m on old for another hour wondering why I didn’t receive my credit. Now they tell me it’s $40 a person. How did the price drop? I just had a horrible experience with them and it’s very upsetting. Think twice please before you plan on flying with them. I would not reccomend flying with them at all!!! I hope no one goes through the horrible experience I did.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,147)

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I had a fine experience with this airline last time, so I went with them again. On my way out to Ansterdam I was given two additional stopovers because my first plane was delayed and they left without 20+ passengers connecting at Keflavik. This added 7 hours and two extra countries to our itinerary.

On the way back, I got a regular cheese burger and a small bag of chips in the cafeteria. After currency conversion it cost $44 USD! They were clearly taking advantage of travelers who are not familiar with the exchange rate. I am very unhappy and will not be traveling with them again.

1  Thank Erin T
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We were travelling to Tokyo and changed flight in Helsinki and we had a very good trip. Service on board is excellent and the best part is always coming home again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

What is most important in flying? Safety! Icelandair certainly felt very safe, but it lacked any kind of amenity. ALL food was for sale. Bathrooms were basic. This was not my past experience on other international flights. It lacked the warmth and charm of other European or Japanese airlines.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Come to Iceland. !!! A very different experience full of adventure Weather has been dificult because of rain but manageable. Seems like this is something to be prepare always.