“Terrible customer support”
Review of AirAsia - Thai AirAsia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The worst customer service I have ever seen after many many years! This customer service shows how they care about their customers, avoiding any way to contact them directly. The customer support number says to use their online robot which can not answer some basic questions in these covid times and the options are useless!

Book it and pray not to have any issue or question.

Date of travel: September 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (5,974)

Reviewed 4 September 2021

I've been trying for days to contact AirAsia to cancel my flight which departs tomorrow. The cancellation is due to a family bereavement so their lack of contact details or customer service is making an awful situation even worse. I've tried contacting them though live chat, and just get the AVA bot, it's the same through their WhatsApp channel, Facebook and Twitter. I've tried several different tels they advertise as being customer service tels and they all just go to an automated voicemail. I have left messages but no-one has got back to me. All these communications channels are advertised as 24/7 customer support which just isn't true, an automated bot isn't customer support. Can anyone on here who has had a similar experience trying to cancel let me know how they finally got in touch and were offered a refund?

I'm pasting a para from their T's & C's here, published on their website, which states cancellations are possible for a 10EUR fee and that it takes 7 days to refund onto a card. If this isn't happening in practice, then surely it's not legal for them to state it in their T's & C's?

STARTS:
Notwithstanding the above, you agree and accept that should you cancel any of the flight booking at your own volition, a cancellation fee of EUR10 shall be applicable. The cancellation fees will be deducted by us from the originally paid amount after you cancel your booking. Therefore, the refund you receive equals the total amount you paid for the airline ticket less the applicable cancellation fee.For avoidance of doubt, you further absolve and discharge us from any liability on foreign exchange exposure as a result of converting the relevant currencies received when you made payment to Euro (EUR) for the cancellation fee.
ENDS

It seems to me that AirAsia are selling flights and deliberately not providing any way to contact them, thereby forcing passengers who need to cancel or amend a booking to be a 'no show' so they don't have to provide a refund. That to me is fraudulent business practice, especially as they are breaking their own published terms and conditions.

Is it possible to do anything about this?

Date of travel: September 2021
1  Thank LM55555555
Reviewed 21 August 2021

I had to canceled my flight się to coronavirus on April 2020 and still haven’t receive my money after 1,5 year!!!

Date of travel: September 2020
1  Thank Joanna93120735826363
Reviewed 6 August 2021

⚠️ WARNING...DO NOT FLY AIRASIA

In March of 2019 after buying my tickets in January from Cebu to Manila and back Air Asia canceled my six tickets when I arrived in manila. I have been for 2 years going through the process to try to get my money refunded as their policy was at that time which I have a picture of. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to get my money back. They all agree that it should be refunded but it never comes. Even after asking for my banking information where it can be deposited. This has been going on for 2 years. Their communicative skills are completely non-existent. You can't phone them contact them except through their stupid virtual assistant. And when you are able to chat with one of them they always promise a refund but it never comes. They try to stall you and use every excuse in the book never to give you your refund which you are entitled to. Do not fly with them. Do not give them your money. Put them out of business. They defraud and cheat people. Promising refunds for flights they canceled and never ever giving the refund. They hold thousands perhaps millions of dollars from customers that are entitled a refund because of canceled flights. That's extortion.

Date of travel: August 2021
1  Thank Vacationer61317
Reviewed 4 August 2021

Flight canceled in March 2020 and they offered to change flight or credit cost of my tickets. At the time, they suggested I could request cash credit or credit on account. I requested the cash (less service fees). Today, 17 months later I finally heard from them that they will only give me a credit on account. Ridiculous. Worst website, customer service and airline I have ever dealt with . . . and I travel often. But not with Air Asia if I can help it.

Date of travel: October 2020
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
1  Thank DottieM218
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.