Don R wrote a review Sep 2022

Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Princess

Tender Embarkation
Tender Embarkation

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 222 - 233 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 30
  • Filter
  • English
Donny B wrote a review Nov 2022
Amarillo, Texas2 contributions
Beware for Annet (cats duo) in the entertainment department. She will request favors like almost $100 shipping labels. Currently on the Diamond Princess out of San Diego
Gallowayfamily wrote a review Oct 2022
Galloway28 contributions11 helpful votes
Beautiful cruise ship. Excellent dining. Great entertainment. We had a Club Level Mini Suite which was more than efficient for us. Comfortable bed and nice sitting area. The only draw back with this room was having an outlet by the bed. I wear a CPAP and had to run an extension cord from the opposite wall, across the floor to my side of the bed. Surely Princess must know that the majority of their cliental are seniors and many seniors use CPAP machines.
Geoff B wrote a review Oct 2022
Oxspring, United Kingdom3 contributions
Even though we completed the pre-boarding documentation the process boarding was disorganised and lengthy. The staff at the port were aggressive, unhelpful, and rude, boarding was a real ordeal. The suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable. There were 2 excellent shows in the evening, we were disappointed because we expected more of them. We enjoyed seeing Ketchikan and the wildlife excursion was excellent. The ship arrived and departed 45 minutes early from Juneau, the excursion we booked with Princess Cruises left 15 minutes after the scheduled time, I.e., we wasted an hour waiting on the dockside. The bus which took us to the departure harbour for the whale watching excursion was old and dirty, it broke down on the way there. The replacement bus was also old and dirty, there was a further delay because they could not close a door. The excursion was wonderful, the range of wildlife and the commentary were very good. On the was back to Juneau the bus driver took a detour so we could see Juneau from across the river. The result of the delays was the boat was boarding when the bus arrived at the port, so we didn’t have time to visit Juneau. The captain announced that due to a landslide and heavy seas we were unable to visit Skagway. The ship diverted to Sitka, the only excursions on offer were more wildlife tours. According to the news reports, the landslide at Skagway occurred on the 19th of August, therefore Princess Cruises was fully aware that docking was subject to weather conditions, however no information was provided. In summary we booked because we wanted to see ALL of the towns and attend the excursions that were advertised. We were unable to see2 of the 3 towns and we were very disappointed to miss a key excursion.
Don R wrote a review Sep 2022
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada17 contributions4 helpful votes
Cruise was compensation for a previous trip which had an engine failure and could not be completed. Change was to a much larger ship with upgrade to balcony. No complaints about how Princess handled the substitute or the other items that became complimentary. Majority of passengers were Canadian with a refreshing group of Aussies. We normally ate in the buffet for breakfast but were disappointed by how the meals were offered lukewarm at best and often cold. When I complained about the weak coffee I was told I could go downstairs to buy stronger coffee, but it would cost extra. The meals in the main dining room were good but I wondered how a filet magnon could be marinated long enough to destroy the texture of what is normally an excellent steak. The complimentary drink package was generous enough but neither my wife or I came close to enjoying all the benefits. Three days into the trip, many of the bars ran out of clamato juice and could not offer that Canadian favourite, the"Caesar". Huge confusion over the ArriveCAN app which had to be completed again after many passengers had already completed their information. Still unsure why this private information had to be shared with Princess so it could be forwarded to Canada Customs and Immigration. As a visually impaired person who does not own a mobile device, I was disappointed that so much information was only available on the room TV or on the Princess Medallion mobile app. Never did find out when there were specialty nights in the main dining room. Or why we were assigned a specialty restaurant instead of being allowed to choose our own. Drove my wife crazy having to read everything aloud to me in the buffet. Even the preregistration done at home could only be completed successfully on a mobile device despite comments from Princess that a browser version, with a link to it, offered the same selection information. It did not. Overall the trip was enjoyable, mainly because we were sharing it with some close friends. But we found our trips with other cruise lines more satisfactory.
ELIZABETH M wrote a review Sep 2022
2 contributions
We start our cruise in two days. The need to use the Medallion has been a nightmare. And then the Covid test, Can Arrive and Wellness check have all created stress. Preparing for this cruise with the requirements of Royal Princess has not been enjoyable. I’m not even excited or much looking forward to the vacation. I doubt I will choose Royal Princess again. I understand and appreciate the need for Covid and wellness checks. But the Medallion!! In other reviews I read it’s a pain on board as well. Not happy.