We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pitcarin

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
pitcarin
Save

hi guys,

is there anyone who is going to pitcarin in the next weeks?

thanks in advance

born2travel.it

32 replies to this topic
Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
1. Re: pitcarin
Save

no one has answered me

:-(

Oklahoma City...
1 post
2. Re: pitcarin
Save

Do you know how to contact anyone in Pitcairn? I'm looking for information regarding a visit there.

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
3. Re: pitcarin
Save

unfortunately no

i m looking for a contact too

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
536 reviews
245 helpful votes
4. Re: pitcarin
Save

Try the web site, a Google Pitcairn island

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
5. Re: pitcarin
Save

i did it

i m looking for anyone who cans end me a postcard from there

it's for my dad collection

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
26 posts
6. Re: pitcarin
Save

Should I land ashore in November as planned, I can do that if not late for you :o)

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
7. Re: pitcarin
Save

Hi lilit

Thank u so much

It ll not be late for sure considering that nobody has ever answered me

Write me in pvt so i ll send u my addy

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
104 helpful votes
8. Re: pitcarin
Save

I am friends with Jacqui Christian who lives on Pitcairn. For years I have wanted to visit there. I first made friends with her parents when they came to the states in 1990. I've wanted to visit Pitcairn even longer than that. One option has always been a day excursion from a cruise ship. Weather permitting, you can spend the day on the island, but that is far from guaranteed, due to the heavy rollers entering Bounty Bay. A more practical way for me would be to take a flight from my home here in Honolulu directly to Papeete, Tahiti. From there, you can catch a flight to an outer island called Mangareva, where you catch a boat which, last time I checked, will take you to Pitcairn for 5k in NZ dollars return. It is a 3 day rough voyage, where even seasoned mariners are almost guaranteed to be seasick the entire voyage. You also need to obtain a visitor's permit from the Pitcairn govt. headquarters in Auckland, NZ. Voyages will take you to Pitcairn for one week or two. Once you get there, the locals will help you arrange an economical home stay, as there is no hotel there. Alcohol & tobacco are scarce on the island, so take your own. For me, that would mean taking 4 cases of beer for a two week stay. Electricity runs in the morning & evenings only, I believe for 4 hours at a time. There is a store there, but supplies are limited to whatever happens to be available. As for me, I am prone to night sweats, & cannot sleep without air conditioning. This has probably been the biggest show-stopper for me. Last I heard, there was no a/c on the island & daytime summer temps run 90 degrees F, or 31C. There is no boat service during winter months. After your stay, look forward to another 3 days of being seasick on your way back to Mangareva. After reading this, if you still want to go, all the resources you need can be found on Google. Another good starting point is at www.pitcairn.pn. If you do go, I envy you. It is said to be one of the world's great adventures for the intrepid traveler who doesn't mind roughing it, "a lot"....

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
1,356 reviews
3,324 helpful votes
9. Re: pitcarin
Save

great report

thank u so much

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
26 posts
10. Re: pitcarin
Save

Hello Mark. Greetings from Pacific Ocean waters close to Pitcairn! Your postcard is now in Pitcairn's postbox waiting to be sent. But they said it may take up to six month ;) Hope it will reach you anyways. Ciao!

Reply to: pitcarin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pitcairn Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.