We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are in Pissouri now!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
488 posts
138 reviews
251 helpful votes
We are in Pissouri now!
Save

We are back in Pissouri for the fourth year in a row. We recently had doubts, but went for it and are really glad we did!

If you’re thinking the same, go for it!

Ignore any scaremongers out there and do your own research. Our tests were only 40 Pounds for a return trip (double jabbed).

Any questions you’ve got, just ask and I’ll try to get back to you.

Cheers!

37 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
1. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

I hope you have a wonderful time👍

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
294 posts
21 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Hope you have a wonderful time we are due early September so keeping our fingers crossed, where did you order your tests from please?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
488 posts
138 reviews
251 helpful votes
3. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Thank you. Hopefully things will change by September, but I’m happy to share my research with you just in case. Hope it helps.

Right folks my research on Day 2 COVID Tests is complete for returns to England. They may be fine for other Home Counties, but I’ve no idea.

If you fit the following, an adult, double jabbed as it stands, going on holiday to Cyprus or any other similar graded country you are best off using one of these 3 cheapest companies imo. My decision is Nationwide Pathology at 40 Pounds.

Expert Medicals 28 Pounds. Cheapest but 90% terrible reviews on Trustpilot. You could risk it if you just want the reference number for your Passenger Locator Form, BUT be aware some have reported the numbers don’t work. I’d rather not worry on holiday fir the sake of paying slightly more below. My other concern is with the reviews being terrible it may get removed from the Government recommended list without notice like another Company has been.

Nationwide Pathology. 40 Pounds. By far and away the best reviews on Trustpilot. You get your reliable code immediately via e mail and no reports of it not working for the PLF.

Randox. People rate it generally from what I’ve seen, but it’s 50/50 on Trustpilot. Bad reviews relate to timings on tests though so not relevant for a Day 2 really.

Hope this helps someone🤞

Please don’t ask me about kids or day 8 or pre departure as I haven’t a clue👌 Good luck all 🌞

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
488 posts
138 reviews
251 helpful votes
4. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Thank you Audrey. I am sure we will.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
294 posts
21 reviews
18 helpful votes
5. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Thank you enjoy your holiday x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
232 reviews
123 helpful votes
6. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Thank you. Did you book your 72hr pre-departure to UK test in the UK or are you doing this in resort?

Would be interested to hear your experience of this.

Enjoy your holiday :)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
488 posts
138 reviews
251 helpful votes
7. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

No, from what I’ve researched you can simply get a suitable lateral flow with certificate for flight at 10 Euro in the village. Worse case it’ll be 28Euro PCR test somewhere like Paphos but I’ve been told a lateral that fits the criteria is fine with a print out.

Ramsbottom, United...
1 post
8. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Hi we are currently in Pissouri and looking for the PCR test to return home to uk next week can you advise where we can get one done?

Thanks in advance

Kalavasos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

Surely there must be more options, but in lack of any convenient ones, worse case scenario at one of the airports

https://www.hermesairports.com/covid-19/covid-19-test-labs

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
52,542 posts
35 reviews
112 helpful votes
10. Re: We are in Pissouri now!
Save

In Pissouri itself there is a lab called Pavlides.

It is opposite the Police station and Pharmacy on the main B6 road just along from Papantoniou supermarket.

It’s opening hours are 7am till 10am every day except Sunday. Cost is 15€ and a certificate is issued.

Reply to: We are in Pissouri now!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pissouri
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.