We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Accomodations

Auburn, Alabama...
12 posts
Travel Accomodations
Save

Hello All,

I'll be traveling with a group of 3 to Cincinnati next week (Thursday-Sunday) and was wondering where would be best to stay.

We won't be staying downtown and we don't mind the driving. My main question is where is the best area to stay?

Erlanger, Covington area or Blue Ash, Sharonville Area? South or North.

We'll be going to a Reds game, King's Island, various other places. Just wanted to know what would be best traffic/logistics wise.

Thanks!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
834 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel Accomodations
Save

The best area to stay would be downtown or Covington or NewportKY. Other than that, Blue Ash would be handy for Kings Island and for its proximity to the interstate. Do avoid I-71 northbound out of downtown from 4-630 (it is parking lot like) as well I-75 southbound from the suburbs to downtown on Friday afternoons (it is monstrous) You might also consider the new motel (Marriott) at Rookwood Pavilion in Norwood. Lots of restaurants and shopping and on top of the highway.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
268 reviews
197 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel Accomodations
Save

I have stayed in Blue Ash several times. It is a nice area with multiple options for hotels and dining. It's a quick drive to Kings Island using I-71 or SR-3 in the morning. (We take SR-3 and get breakfast at Panera Bread on the way at Harpers Station, 11397 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45249.)

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
29 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel Accomodations
Save

Just wanted to make certain you were aware of Dayton, one of the top travel destinations in Ohio for its aviation history attractions. It's not far from Cincinnati and even closer to Mason, where Kings Island is located.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60785-c185858/Dayton:Ohio:Aviation.History.Mecca.Of.The.World.html

EnterTRAINment Junction also is somewhat unique, especially if there is a train-loving kid on the trip.

http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
268 reviews
197 helpful votes
4. Re: Travel Accomodations
Save

Agreed that EnterTRAINment Junction is a must for any railfan!

If you are looking at the I-75 area, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express off exit 21 once and there are many more hotel options off exit 19.

5. Re: Travel Accomodations

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2016, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.