We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub Crawl

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Pub Crawl
Save

Any suggestions for a good walking lineup?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Hello,

Have not been on one down there , but I would suggest going to Over the Rhine, and start walking.

I would include Rhinegest and the Taft in your day, I do stop at those places occasionally.

Doug Cincinnati

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
262 reviews
286 helpful votes
2. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Agree with Double D on walking the Rhine - between Taft(listed #1 in recent mag poll), Moerlein, and Rhinguist in the Brewery District you should be pretty loose when done.

You can also do lunch at Findley Market.

However, if you have a designated driver there are as good out away from downtown like MadTree, 16Lots, 13Under, and Rivertown. Just Google "Cincinnati breweries" for an area list.

FYI - Sam Adams doesn't do tours and hasn't announced that their projected taproom is ready. Its scheduled for Fall '18 at the entrance to Findley Market.

Enjoy!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Hello,

I'll throw in one more, although some people might find it a dumb idea.

I had a blast at the Rook. Craft beer, craft cocktails, trendy bar food , and 1000 board games!

The night I was there, there were a lot of people having fun. Just something different to do.

It's also in Over the Rhine , easy to get to.

Have fun

Doug

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
262 reviews
286 helpful votes
4. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Not dumb at all, my friend!! Looks interesting - more personal and interactive than on-line gaming, you can see the whites of their eyes, see when they're bluffing - or cheating!!

Downtown is coming back with urban chic and making downtown someplace to be, particularly with the events being staged there, the last drawing 450K people. Back in the 70's I drove a cement mixer p/t when the city was selling out the old row houses along Dorchester Hill and Price's Hill to any developer who would "flip" them. Poured a lot of basement slabs then, can't believe where I put that mixer on those hillsides. Today, the same houses are going for 250 to 300K to young professionals wanting a short trip to work and a view from the terrace.

Given the number of breweries, microdistilleries, eateries, and entertainment venues - Downtown Is Back!!

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Thanks everyone!

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
7 posts
184 reviews
253 helpful votes
6. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

I'll be visiting for Labor Day weekend and OTR seems like where I'd like to be. I'll be on foot so what hotels are closest? Hopefully the hotel will be easily walkable to the pubs mentioned and if it's within sight of the fireworks, that would be a bonus.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
262 reviews
286 helpful votes
7. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

You picked a good weekend to visit - big WEBN fireworks that Sunday on the riverfront.

Any of the hotels downtown are possibilities - Google "downtown Cincinnati hotels" for a list then get the review here on TA for individual venues. Try to get a room facing the river if possible to watch the fireworks - generally, these rooms are booked a year in advance - for party not sleeping - try anyway.

For $2/day, you can jump on and off the streetcar, which loops around downtown, and save the shoe leather.

Moerlein is on the river front as well as in the District while Rhineguist and Taft's is in the Brewery District above Central Pkwy - again easy transport via Bell Collector. Arnold's, oldest saloon in town, is also down there. Check out Taste of Belgium and Senate for good eats in the District, and Taft's food isn't bad either - just polled #1 in recent mag poll.

Newport across the river has the Hofbrauhaus and a couple of nice micros - brewing and distilling - if you want to hike over the bridge or take a TANK bus.

Enjoy!!

Edited: 2 years ago
Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
7 posts
184 reviews
253 helpful votes
8. Re: Pub Crawl
Save

Thanks bassbum! Much appreciated!

9. Re: Pub Crawl

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2019, 12:42
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.