We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber and safety?

Level Contributor
25 posts
Uber and safety?
Save

Is there uber in Martinsburg, wv? Is it safe to walk from amtrak station to comfort inn?

5 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
15,875 posts
168 reviews
139 helpful votes
1. Re: Uber and safety?
Save

I'm pretty sure there is Uber in Martinsburg.

From Amtrak station to Comfort Inn is about 2.5 miles. No clue about that area, but I wouldn't walk it.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
67 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Uber and safety?
Save

I don't know, that's a pretty long walk regardless. Isn't it about two miles? If you use Uber, you can check that out, can't you?

I'd be armed with teh local cab company phone number, it is Blue Cab

https://www.superpages.com/martinsburg-wv/bpp/blue-cab-of-martinsburg-llc-482232289?lid=1000437170559

Level Contributor
25 posts
3. Re: Uber and safety?
Save

I could walk it, no problem. But I am reading from other places online, that Martinsburg,wv have a high crime rate. I would definitely take a cab, anywhere I go. Waiting for a reply from uber, to see if they have uber there. Uber is not straight forward and the worse customer service

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
15,875 posts
168 reviews
139 helpful votes
4. Re: Uber and safety?
Save

Ask on their Face Book page....(this Martinsburg page on TA is not very active as you can see)

www.facebook.com/VisitMartinsburgWV/

Edited: 01 September 2021, 21:54
Washington DC
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
67 reviews
65 helpful votes
5. Re: Uber and safety?
Save

I don't use Uber, but I thought you could figure that out from the app, can't you just try to book a trip in that area and see? If you go onto uber.com they have a price estimator and they estimate that price at about $9, so I would presume they have service there. But who knows, as I said, I don't use Uber.

I"m sure it also depends on the time of day as to how dicey that would be. Even in small towns, like my home town, things might be dicier walking around in the dark than the daytime (espec real late at night). Fewer people around also probably.

Reply to: Uber and safety?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Martinsburg
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.