We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unaccepted vaccination?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

Just checked our NHS Covid pass and our first vaccination is one of the batch numbers that some countries weren't accepting (ending with Z003) but it was Vaxzevria, not Covishield which was supposed to be the one produced in India and not recognised by the EMA. So, does anyone know if it's still the case with any of the vaccines ending Z001, Z002 and Z003 not being accepted please? Anyone been who also has one of these batches on their covid pass with it being a problem? So many things to think about these days!!

6 replies to this topic
Magaluf, Spain
Destination Expert
for Majorca
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
56 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

Hi. Does this link help.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/which-covid-19-vaccines-are-approved-for-travel-to-spain/

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

Yes it does - thank you. Such a lot to get my head round at the moment with all the tests and paperwork. Don't want to get it wrong like one of my bosses who was just about the board the plane to be told that they couldn't travel because his wife's passport had expired. They knew about needing 3 months left on the passport from the date they got back to the UK, but not that British passports now expire 10 years from the date of issue and any extra time added isn't taken into account.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
19,353 posts
92 reviews
119 helpful votes
3. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

I think the covishield thing ended up being a storm in a teacup. The vast majority of EU nations have now accepted it for travel purposes. I’m on the forums for Spain and Greece daily and apart from the first couple of days after the story broke, everything has been fine. I have one of the affected batches and am confident I would get into Greece and Spain ok. I’d better do as I have flights booked to Rhodes this week 🤣.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

Thanks VegasShowgirl - hope you have a great time. Can I just ask who you have booked your day 2 return test in the UK with. My head is spinning with it all.

Essex
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
280 reviews
182 helpful votes
5. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

one of my vaccines was in this batch and I had no problems with our holiday in Mallorca recently. We used Randox for our day 2 tests and had no problems with the tests. They say they don't advise Royal Mail but I would not hesitate to use Royal Mail priority box to return if thats whats convenient.

Donna

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Unaccepted vaccination?
Save

Thanks Donna. I've just been looking at Randox as there's a drop box near to where we live so I think I'll go with that one. Looks fairly well priced as well compared to some.

Reply to: Unaccepted vaccination?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.