We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Activities

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Fall Activities
Save

I think we’ve settled on Park City for our trip and we’re excited! Can anyone recommend any fall activities (pumpkin patches, corn mazes, stuff like that) that will be close by? We’ll have our 2.5 year old, so anything family friendly is what we’re looking for.

Also, we’re planning on being there September 30-October 4, but our dates can be flexible. If there are fall activities going on later in October, we can move our trip. Thoughts on the best time to go from late September to mid October?

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
38,171 posts
55 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Fall Activities
Save

Here are my thoughts. You want to be in Park City about second or third week of September when the weather is a bit more reliable and there may still be some Fall color lingering. Once the leaves drop, the landscape is not very scenic.

I did a Google search and found a couple of pumpkin patch/corn maze opportunities in the Park City area. One is at Park City Gardens, a nursery on the highway coming in to Park City from I 80. There was no information on when it would be open. You would need to research that. There is also a pumpkin patch at Heber Valley Milk and Artisan Cheese in Midway, about a 20 minute drive.

You should probably plan on a day in SLC to take your child to Hogle Zoo. Sugarhouse Park in SLC has an excellent playground with age appropriate structures for young children.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
75,035 posts
8,650 reviews
4,052 helpful votes
2. Re: Fall Activities
Save

starting october 1 there is the pumpkin train in nearby Heber Valley - lots of fun and scenic too

https://www.hebervalleyrr.org/specialevents/pumpkinfestival/

There are also pumpkin patches there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
3. Re: Fall Activities
Save

That sounds awesome! But I looked it up and they don’t start until October 7th. I think we’re going to stick to our original earlier date, so bummer that we’ll miss that.

Reply to: Fall Activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Park City
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.