We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Houston

Spotsylvania...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transportation from Houston

What is the best way to get from Houston to sugar land tx if you don't have a car?

9 replies to this topic
Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Houston

I'm not aware of any regularly-scheduled service that operates a bus, train, etc., between the two cities. Houston's Metro Bus System operates as far as Missouri City, but that's still a good way from Sugar Land. You may be relegated to hiring a cab or limo service if you don't rent a car. (Renting a car would be far less expensive.)

Here's an article that seems to apply ONLY to Sugar Land residents: …chron.com/sugarland/…

Perhaps someone else knows of a regularly-scheduled service and can advise?

Edited: 31 May 2014, 22:33
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Houston

Taxi is about it.

Spotsylvania...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Houston

Any idea about how much a taxi would. Just a range would be fine

Spotsylvania...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Houston

Any idea about how much a taxi would be Just a range would be fine

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Houston

My guess is around $60 - $70. Yellow cab has a fare estimator where you can plug the information but it is not working right now. It is about 25 miles.

Spotsylvania...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Houston

Thanks that helps.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation from Houston

Monday through Friday there is regularly scheduled bus service between Sugar Land and the Galleria area, Greenway Plaza, and the Texas Medical Center. The buses run during the morning and evening rush hours only, not during midday or the evening. Fare is $2.25 one way and there are two stops in Sugar Land: the AMC movie theater parking lot (adjacent to First Colony Mall) and the University of Houston-Sugar Land campus. The Greenway Plaza route stops at the West Bellfort Park and Ride where you can transfer to a Metro bus to go downtown, but I am not familiar with the routes.

You can find more details at http://www.trekhouston.org/FortBendExpress. I've been commuting to work on this bus for about four years and it's usually very reliable.

Honeoye Falls, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation from Houston

Thank you. Your reply is just what I need.

9. Re: transportation from Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 20:25

Reply to: transportation from Houston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sugar Land
Recent Conversations