We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric scooters

Electric scooters
Save

Going to start by saying we are a couple over the age of 30 and are not looking to be the standard idiotic tourists that want to thrash these things about busy pedestrian areas while intoxicated!

Now that is out of the way, we were over in november last year and hired a 2 seater mobility scooter which made the holiday so much more enjoyable and allowed us to see a lot more in the short week we were there. Rules were relaxed and we could take a leisurly slow drive along the beach front.

Have the rules been tightened up since our last visit? And is it the same rules for the micro scooters which would be our backup plan.

Also any recommendations for cheapest place to rent any of the above?

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
21 reviews
19 helpful votes
1. Re: Electric scooters
Save

If you are under a certain age You need some sort of disabled badge to rent the mobility scooters, as far as I know the rules have never changed so if you are fit and healthy they really shouldn’t have rented it out to you. I’ve not seen any micro scooters (presuming you mean the 2 wheel stand up) in Tenerife, they recently banned the sedgeways so can only think the electric scooters are also banned.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
2. Re: Electric scooters
Save

Hobnob1970- I remember a few years ago everyone was flying around on the mobility scooters, from kids up to 30 year olds, and they certainly didn’t have any mobility issues. If I remember rightly this was stopped after a few months.

3. Re: Electric scooters
Save

Appreciate the replies, when we were there last year there were a lot of people on both types (yes istand up types) so perhaps it was relaxed due to being so quiet, will just have to wait and see i suppose, thanks again

Reply to: Electric scooters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.