We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown

Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown

Hi guys, I’m staying at the country inn & suites near Nashville airport, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on getting downtown?

I would probably be going in and out twice a day. Are here any busses that service he airport hotels ?? I think the hotel have a free shuttle to the airport so could easily get back there if there was a bus from there.

Finally roughly how much would an Uber / can be each way?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown

Taxis are a flat rate of $25 each way (+tip, +$1 per additional passenger) from the airport area to downtown. That's mandated by the city.

Uber and Lyft will usually be a little less. I'd estimate about $15-18. You can use the fare estimators on their websites to get more exact.

The city bus route #18 serves the airport and the airport hotels: http://www.nashvillemta.org/maps/route18.pdf

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown

The timetable on the link provided by monkeylizard shows that the majority of the runs are Express Service to / from the airport and don't include any of the extra stops available on the local runs, which are primarily late afternoon / evening, none of the local stops would service the Country Inn & Suites at Donelson Pike and I-40.

If the hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, the drop off point would be near the loading area for the #18 Route, so this would be a viable option. With essentially hourly service from 6:00 am - 11:00 pm, this wouldn't be terribly inconvenient, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend 2-3 hours a day waiting for or riding on the bus / shuttle going from my hotel / downtown each day (A minimum of 30 minutes each way, twice a day).

United States
Level Contributor
858 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown

Check with your hotel if they have a shuttle running downtown.

Reply to: Travel from nashvillle airport hotel to downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville