We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trip to PA

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 day trip to PA
Save

Hi all,

We're planning to take the kids to PA for spring break. The kids are 10 and 7, was hoping I could get some advice on how to spend the four days there. These are the two places we are planning to visit: Dutch Wonderland, Cherry Crest farm.

Would you recommend more fun for kids activities?

Thank you

24 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
3,998 reviews
54,762 helpful votes
1. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

We have three kids. We've been to Lancaster County five times in four years.

Dutch Wonderland - We've been there three times. The kids and adults love it. I'm a fan of the rides there. I have a bad back, the rides are geared towards kids and are gentler than Six Flags and Hershey Park.

Cherry Crest Farm is our favorite destination. We've been there three times. There is something for everyone and well worth the price of admission. We get there when they open and stay until closing. Check out there website.

Edited: 10 April 2022, 11:14
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
3,998 reviews
54,762 helpful votes
2. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

My daughter's are 9,9, and 6. We enjoy Kitchen Kettle Village and Bird in Hand Farmer's Market as well. I'll get back to you with our favorite restaurants.

Where will you be staying?

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
83 posts
3. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Thank you so much, we have been to both of these places and loved them. Do you happen to know if they are open now? Where else do you recommend us to visit?

Edited: 10 April 2022, 11:45
Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
83 posts
4. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Thank you for your reply. Haven't picked the hotel yet, last time we stayed at Olde Amish, it was not bad.

Level Contributor
25 posts
5. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Bird in Hand Farmers Market is open now Wed Fri Sat

Kitchen Kettle open every day but Sunday

Other ideas Strasburg Railroad, Choo Choo Barn, Old Windmill Farm, Lil Country Store andl Miniature Horse Farm

Edited: 10 April 2022, 19:30
Level Contributor
25 posts
6. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Olde Amish would not be my first pick

For a better budget motel look at Weathervane Motoe Court

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Check out the family friendly suites and amenities at Best Western Eden Resort. Maybe there's a farm stay option?

Here's TA's list of things to do with kids in the area:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g6899197-Activities-zft11306-Pennsylvania_Dutch_Country_Pennsylvania.html

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
83 posts
8. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Thank you so much all. I see that Dutch Wonderland is only open on Saturdays and Sundays for now so I purchased the tickets online (Royalty 35% off). Wasn't sure if they will let us pay at the gate or not. I am not sure if they need us to reserve our spot too, in addition to purchasing the tickets.

Has anybody been to Go N Bananas? Is that fun for the kids? Can we purchase the ticket at the gate or we should buy them in advance?

Also, my favorite farm appears to be closed until May (Cherry Crest), is there another one similar to that?

Thank you

Level Contributor
25 posts
9. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

Cherry Crest is one of a kind

Old Windmill Farm may be worthwhile

It allows your kids to I interact with animaks

Since its Amish run its closed Sunday

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
4,020 posts
22 reviews
20 helpful votes
10. Re: 4 day trip to PA
Save

I have not been or gotten feedback on GO N Bananas

Its fairly new

IIt appears to be a fairly conventional Family Fun Center

The Trip Advisor reviews are pretty positive so if your kids like that kind of activity it sounds like a good choice

Reply to: 4 day trip to PA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.