We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Save

We are family of 5 visiting Hershey for the first time and bringing our 10 month infant. Is it work staying at Hershey lodge or Best Western/Hilton type hotels and spending more on attractions? I like that Hershey Lodge offers indoor pools and shuttle to the park, but is it worth $450 versus $125 per night?

4 replies to this topic
West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
28 reviews
53 helpful votes
1. Re: Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Save

I have attended a trade show for the last 5 years that’s held at the Hershey Lodge, they do a great job. I have never stayed at the property because it’s always cheaper for me to stay within a mile of Hershey Lodge.

Spending $300+ a night for an indoor pool may not be worth it if the weather is great and the kiddies want to be at the water park. I can’t comment about the value of the shuttle to the park.

It’s been awhile since we got Hershey Park Happy, but I remember it was always better to buy tickets in advance at the local Giant Foods grocery store. We saved a couple bucks and practically walked right in as the line for buying tickets at the gate was always lunch longer. I’m not sure if Hershey still does this, but years ago you could get into the park for a couple hours the night before the day of your visit.

Level Contributor
2,692 posts
8 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Save

The hotel rooms were pretty average but the indoor pool and resort amenities were really great. We went in the early spring so no amusement park to pass the time so that's why we went with the lodge- we made a day of enjoying the resort (especially the water park). It depends on your trip priorities as to whether it's worth the money. We liked the HL and would likely choose to stay there again.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
22 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Save

We are fans of the Hershey Hotel for local vacations so I'll offer my thoughts on Hershey Entertainment's resort benefits -

The shuttle system works great and in addition to saving the $25 per day parking fee, it drops you right at the gate.

Park tickets purchased thru the resorts are the cheapest we ever found and gets you night before "freebie" hours.

Double check me on this but the early entry benefit does not included the water park, which caused me frustration as I had the kids up early and on the move thinking we would get to the water park early.

Whether or not the Hershey resorts are worth it is very personal.

If you are the type of traveler that uses your accommodations as part of the vacation experience (as my family does) then yes, its worth the extra money as Hershey Entertainment knows how to cater to families.

If all you need or want is a place to lay your heads, the extra cost will not be worth it.

We last stayed at a Hershey resort a month ago. The company line is "no housekeeping due to Covid safety" and that bothered me. At their price point, daily service should be provided. I think it is an excuse to cut back on services.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
170 reviews
74 helpful votes
4. Re: Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Save

Personally, no the Hershey Lodge is not worth $450/night if you can find other suitable accommodations at $125/night. I couldn't justify that difference. Parking, purchased in advance is $20 at Hersheypark so that is your only savings on the shuttle.

Reply to: Hershey Lodge worth staying to visit Hershey Park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hershey
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.