We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?

Virginia
Level Contributor
255 posts
155 reviews
92 helpful votes
Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Most of the reviews are dated but some of the more recent ones are bad. Anyone have any recent experience?

TIA!

UMTerpVA

11 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
19 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

I am somewhat local and have not stayed there but will say it is not close or convenient to Hershey. The map makes it look “close” but is is at least a 20-30 min drive.

Virginia
Level Contributor
255 posts
155 reviews
92 helpful votes
2. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Thank you. Is there some place closer that you would recommend? We are attending the RV show.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
19 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Hershey is a pricey destination. Even the lower end national chains are expensive compared to elsewhere.

If it is in your budget, I would recommend the Hershey Lodge.

The Country Inn is not a bad location, the road to Hershey from the hotel is two lanes of country roads and the slow traffic can be annoying. I disagree with the websites 10 min travel time but maybe my 30 mins is a bit dramatic

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
19 reviews
28 helpful votes
4. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Fairfield, courtyard and Days Inn are all close.

Edited: 29 August 2021, 23:57
Virginia
Level Contributor
255 posts
155 reviews
92 helpful votes
5. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Thank you! I will look into those!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

I wouldn't recommend the Country Inn because it's more of a truck stop kind of area, being right off of Interstate 81. I'm sure it's fine but you can find similar properties with better nearby restaurants and shopping in Hershey or the Swatara Township area of Harrisburg.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
37 reviews
56 helpful votes
7. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

I would recommend the Best Western Premier in Harrisburg. It is located off of I-83 near Union Deposit, with many shops and restaurants nearby. It is about a 20 minute drive to/from Hershey. There is an indoor pool but you might have to reserve at time to use it due to COVID. Hope this helps.

Virginia
Level Contributor
255 posts
155 reviews
92 helpful votes
8. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Thank you everyone!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
169 reviews
74 helpful votes
9. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

There are 2 Country Inn & Suites in "Harrisburg." One is at 1025 Peiffers Lane and the other at 8000 Jonestown Road. The Peiffers Lane location is off I83 and is in a more urban settings close to shops, restaurants & services. The Jonestown Road location is off I81 and is in a less than urban setting, sitting close to 2 major truck stops. Both are about 15 - 20 minutes from Hersheypark but in different directions.

The Best Western Premier mentioned above would be a good option. There is a Hampton Inn at 195 Hershey Road in Hummelstown which is very close to the park.

Virginia
Level Contributor
255 posts
155 reviews
92 helpful votes
10. Re: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Save

Thank you! I have changed my reservation.

Reply to: Recent experience with the Country Inn & Suites?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hershey
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.