We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels at RDU airport

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Hotels at RDU airport
Save

I would like to stay at a hotel at RDU for 1 night that has rooms that have windows that open. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
12,824 posts
34 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotels at RDU airport
Save

We don't open windows much here. Too hot in the summer. I think you may need to contact the hotels directly.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Hotels at RDU airport
Save

I plan to be in Raleigh in the beginning of March and it certainly has not been hot then. Especially with Covid, it would be nice to be able to open up the windows.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
12,824 posts
34 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotels at RDU airport
Save

I'm just saying opening windows is not a popular activity in Raleigh. We usually run the AC in the summer and the spring is very pollen-y. I would not expect to be able to open hotel windows here, but you might get lucky. I think you will need to contact the hotels directly and ask. In the mountains I would think you might find a mom-n-pop hotel where you could open the windows, but I have my doubts about a chain hotel near RDU. Best to call or email them.

And as far as weather, it can be anything at the beginning of March. It can easily be in the high 80s in early March or low 20s. No telling right now. I've seen it be 75 in January. Here are some recent high temps for March 1st.

March 1 2020: 57

March 1 2019: 43

March 1 2018: 57

March 1 2017: 79

March 1 2016: 73

March 1 2015: 34

So who knows?!

Reply to: Hotels at RDU airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Raleigh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.