We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch a televised sporting event outdoors?

NC
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
Where to watch a televised sporting event outdoors?
Save

Looking to celebrate my son's birthday by taking him and a two friends out to watch a sporting event on TV outdoors. Ideally they would be watching a basketball game at a well-distanced outdoor setting in North Raleigh. I am open to bars/breweries as well (as long as they allow children of course).

2 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
261 posts
1. Re: Where to watch a televised sporting event outdoors?
Save

I can't think of anything exactly like that. There are a bunch of popup drive in movie theaters that have started. I haven't been there, but I see a place called Drive Shack Raleigh, that has bays to hit golf balls, food and tv. It seems ok for distancing, and as an activity if they are old enough to golf, but noisy? for watching tv. I have to imagine there is an outdoor restaurant with a tv at a hotel (more solo diners), but I don't know which one.

For watching a game indoors Carolina Ale House is a good choice, but the way things are, it could be simpler to just order delivery and watch at home, maybe play a game.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
22 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to watch a televised sporting event outdoors?
Save

High Park Bar and Grill is a great spot with a big screen outdoor TV. Nice neighborhood. Good food too.

Reply to: Where to watch a televised sporting event outdoors?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Raleigh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.