We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
24 posts
181 reviews
241 helpful votes
Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay
Save

My husband is doing a seminar in North Hills. I am tagging along and will have many hours to kill by myself all weekend. Should we stay in North Hills or downtown ? I’ve never been to NC.

I can kill time shopping or taking in some sites. But in the evening we would love lively restaurants/bars/live music etc.

What area would be best ?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
22 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay
Save

There are several really nice restaurants in North Hills and its pretty East to get from there to Cameron Village for more shopping or to the bars and restaurants Downtown and South Glenwood.i would opt for NH and plan to Uber downtown where parking can be an issue

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay
Save

North hills will have everything you want. Venture to Glenwood south a couple nights in downtown for a little more lively scene. Check out tin roof for live music.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
52 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay
Save

If it were me I would stay downtown. North Hills is basically a suburban shopping area; if you stay downtown you can Uber or walk most places like museums etc. Cameron Village has the nicest shops with lots of stores that aren't chains.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay
Save

There are not a lot of hotels downtown. Depending on which one you choose, you’re overall options as far as walking may be limited other than restaurants. Downtown also is definitely not great for its shopping.

If you stay in Renaissance in North Hills, you will literally be in the middle of a major shopping and restaurant hub. You will have to Uber or drive to Cameron village either way. North hills you will also be very close to Crabtree valley mall.

5. Re: Suggestion for restaurants, live music, area to stay

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2020, 13:41
Get answers to your questions about Raleigh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.