We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing tour arrangement with a tour company!

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Amazing tour arrangement with a tour company!

Me and my girl friend visit Lalibela, Gondar, Bahir dar and Axum with a very kind tour operator Dawit Solomon of King Dawit Tours Ethiopia on last July 20 for about 9 days. I have got his contact address from a neighbourhood who have the travel experience with him. I request program suggestion by email and I have got a detail program with an interesting explanation and attractive price. I'm not wasting more time for booking b/c we already have 12 days to start.The detail is very clear with every costs our program price includes.

On our arrival we mate by his representive with a welcome flower at the airport. WE ARE DELIGHTED FROM THE START. We are transferred to the hotel he reserved for us, Caravan hotel a nice and clean hotel. We spend the rest of the night there.

Morning we mate our driver guide Aschlew with a 4WD , we pack luggages and leave the hotel for ride to Bahir dar. On our way we stop for Debre Libnose church and also we see the portuguese bridge and blue nile gorge. We arive evening and stay our night at Summerland hotel. We enjoy our dinner there, they have a good menu. Next day we stayed in Bahirdar for the whole day having boat trip on lake tana to visit old monasteries on islands and the smoking water fall some distance away from the city. The water fall is not that much beautiful as I have seen it on video, as our local guide told us it was due to irrigation activity.

To Gondar we have traveled for some 180 kms and in Gondar we visit the Royal enclosue of Fasiledes which was built on 17 c , the Debre Birhan Sellassie church and the old burial place of emperors at Qusquam complex. Over night we stayef at Quara hotel new building. Very clean rooms and kind staffs serve us well.

On July 23, we drive long to Axum with a short excursion tour to Simien mountain national park. This day we almost spend time on car on the long drive with some leg streching stops along the locals area.

On arrival in Axum we check in to our hotel Yeha. Next morning we see the attractions in Axum: standing stone stelas , museum , old yeha temple and locals village. On our stay with locals we saw a traditional farming system on Ox. It was amazing for me to see a little boy doing this. Evening we back to our hotel for shower and we relax dinner with Ethiopian st.George beer at the hotel for the night.

As we are appointed to meet our driver morning at 06:30 am for our long drive to Lalibela. We leave the hotel and drive to Adwa on a gravel road but we enjoyed the mountain chains and stop some villages area to meet the locals. Early evening we arrived at Lalibela after a long drive, we stayed our night at the newly built Maribela hotel. We invite our driver guide for dinner with us and we played alot with Aschalew very funny guy.

We stayed for 2 more days. On our first day we visit the two groups of rock hewn churches , we especially amazed by the archtecture of house St.George.

On our second day in Lalibela we traveled some kms away from the city for ourside rock churches like Yemrehane Kirstose. We found Lalibela an incredible place for dozens of rock churches. Many of them are old aged and needs renovation and care. We stayed long even after we take our lunch and back to the city where our hotel located. Our driver take us to a traditional coffee house for an Ethiopian coffee ceremony with ethiopian hospitality. Wr finalize our stay in Lalibela.

Now the time comes to finalize our tour and back to Addis. Morning we drive to Kombolcha and we stayed at Sunnyside hotel. On the way we stop for shop and I bought a traditional dress for my girl and she looks amazing.....no word Hahaha........

Next day we continue driving to Addis , we stop at Debre Birhan for a tarma ber cave and at Gemasa gedel for beautiful mountain chains.Early afternoon we arrive in Addis; we take shower we attend the traditional dinner invitation by Mr. Dawit . At 05:30 our driver take us to 2000 Habesha traditional restaurant. We enjoyed much Kitfo a raw meat with lot of butter, kocho and some sauces, very sweet and Ethiopian honey beer (tej) makes me funny than ever.

This time we fill bad b/ we are going to leave the beautiful people and country, Ethiopia . Mid night at 10:00 pm we fly back home with a great travel memory. The first thing I do when I get back home is to write a thankful message to our travel facilitator Mr. Dawit . We deserve a lot compared to what we paid for him.

Really it was my happiness to share my Ethiopia experience and to recommend Dawit Solomon of King Dawit Tous Ethiopia travel arrangement . He was only a minutes away to respond towards question and doubts and his service is honestly priced.

Get him via his website

www. ethiopiatoursandtravels.net or his mail kingdawittours@gmail .com / contact@ ethiopiatoursandtravels. net.

With pleasure,

Rosmar

Rostov, Russia

1. Re: Amazing tour arrangement with a tour company!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2016, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Lalibela