We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rehearsal dinner

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5 posts
236 reviews
rehearsal dinner

Our son is getting married near Rochester in June and we need to find a tasty, nice restaurant to have a rehearsal dinner for 20 or so people. I think we'll be staying at the Homestead Suites. Any suggestions?

Rochester Area, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: rehearsal dinner

I am not sure whether you want a chain restaurant or a family/privately owned restaurant.

There are many choices in the Rochester Area, but the more ritzy restaurants are maybe 10-15 minutes away from where you are staying.

Mario's is a really nice restaurant (Italian) that has a prestigious name in the Rochester area. It is located in the Neighboring town to Henrietta where your hotel is located, Pittsford. To get to Pittsford, since your hotel is right off the interstate 390, you just hop on there, and get off at the Monroe Avenue exit, after going right on the 390 split (this probably doesn't make since to you, so if you want, just go on map quest and find directions)

If you want a really close restaurant, you can go to the cracker barrel (it is on the same lot as the hotel), but it isn't exactly fine dining.

If you want a more older type of restaurant/privatly owned, I know two in Henrietta. There is a great restaurant named Domenico's Ristorante, and it is located at 3024 E Henrietta Rd, in the town of Henrietta. Also, there is FDR's which is located at 3939 E Henrietta Rd, in Henrietta as well.

Like I said, just look at map quest, or if you have any local relatives, they probably know where all this is located. I've heard good things about the hotel you are staying at, so have a great trip.

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

jme1016
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: rehearsal dinner

I agree with Mario's, Dominico's, and FDR (probably in that order). They all have very good food but atmosphere is best at Mario's out of these three.

There are a few other upper scale options in Pittsford that I would recommend: JoJo's (60 N Main St, Pittsford, NY 14534), Black & Blue (3349 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14618), Crystal Barn (2851 Clover St, Pittsford, NY 14534) or Richardson's Canal House (1474 Marsh Rd, Pittsford, NY 14534).

One other option that is famous in Rochester for their deserts is Philip's European (26 Corporate Woods, Rochester, NY 14623)

Any of the non-chain restaurants would be very good choices - just depends on what type of food and how much $$ you want to spend. There are also a bunch of chain restaurants on Jefferson Road in Henrietta (Bugaboo, Outback, Red Lobster etc). Congrats onthe wedding and have a great time!

3. Re: rehearsal dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:25
Get answers to your questions about Henrietta
Recent Conversations