We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildwood Safety and Crowds?

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
17 helpful votes
Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Save

Hi Everyone, I have been going to Wildwood NJ as a kid in the 90s and early 2000's with my family and it was one of my favorite destinations for vacation. Around 2008-2011 I went with friends and it wasn't really the same, or seemed different as far as the crowds ( hooligans, white trash etc), this isnt a race thing, its a question on types of crowds and safety. Now that I am married, I want to take my wife but want to know how Wildwood is lately as far as safety, tourists/ and crowds. Please let me know as I would love to plan a trip

4 replies to this topic
Myerstown...
Level Contributor
630 posts
430 reviews
190 helpful votes
1. Re: Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Save

We’ve gone to the Wildwoods almost every year for close to 40 years. I never had concerns about safety and doubt that I will in the future.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Save

Happy to hear that thank you!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
603 posts
52 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Save

I prefer to stay in North Wildwood or Wildwood Crest. The boardwalk attracts all kinds, but whenever I've been there, I've never felt unsafe. There is also a strong police presence.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Save

We were on the boardwalk last Friday night with our child. Honestly, the Morey’s piers amusement areas have a slightly more wholesome (and corporate) feel and we felt safe there. Once you get onto the open boardwalk and the streets, though, we felt it was a bit sketchy after dark — and probably more so the later it gets. We are New Yorkers with pretty good street smarts and would not be out on WW streets after dark. The Crest feels pretty safe and peaceful though — and much nicer places to stay, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Reply to: Wildwood Safety and Crowds?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.