We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missoula stay in town or outside in Huson

Upland, California
10 posts
Missoula stay in town or outside in Huson
Save

Hi,

My family of 6, 2 adults, 4 kids 16',14, 12, and 10. are doing a road trip thru Montana in late July/August. We will be traveling from Glacier headed to Missoula for 3 nights. We are looking to tour Missoula, fish and play in the river and town, and tour the college. Is it better to stay in town or outside town and drive in? I found a house in Huson on the river that looks nice for the kids to play and fish after sightseeing however, is twice as much as staying in town. In town I found the Staybridge suites and the Double tree Hilton. Double tree right on the water, please advise.

Thank you,

Victoria

Montana
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Missoula stay in town or outside in Huson
Save

Stay in town. There are paths along both sides of the river for exploring and getting to other parts of downtown without having to drive. There are all kinds of events going on in summer that are fun to check out if you’re close by. You don’t really gain much by staying in Huson except extra travel and a bit quieter.

Upland, California
10 posts
2. Re: Missoula stay in town or outside in Huson
Save

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information! For our last leg of the trip would you recommend going to Virginia city, staying in Ennis for four nights to sight see, see wildlife and fish o. The Madison river? We could head south towards Hamilton and Sula area before heading home on the 15 south to California. We have been to Yellowstone. We would like a place to stay that has fishing right on the property in a scenic area.

Thank you!

3. Re: Missoula stay in town or outside in Huson

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2020, 07:40
Get answers to your questions about Missoula
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.