We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI

Rochester, Minnesota
5 posts
places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Save

I'll be in Rochester, Minnesota for a few days and wondering if there is anywhere I could go to work remotely for a few hours at a time on my laptop (preferably with wifi). Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
1. Re: places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Save

Starbucks, and similar - usually work for me when I'm on the road for work. Hotel lobbies are sometimes work, too (especially if you purchase a coffee/coke from the gift shop). Other ideas: Airport lobby (outside of security) and some shopping malls and many restaurants, too.

Level Contributor
1,122 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Save

Rochester Public Library 101 2nd St. SE. We've got a cabin without internet and usually venture to the library when the kids need it for homework. If the library is closed, then we head to Starbucks.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
13,691 posts
146 reviews
77 helpful votes
3. Re: places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Save

If you are going for Mayo Clinic, the clinic has Wifi throughout. There is a Caribou Coffee in the subway that has a nice sitting area and WIFI. In the skyway, outside the Doubletree Hotel, there is a Steam Coffee Shop that offers WIFI.

Many places offer the service. Go to your settings and see what is around you that offers it and ask for the password if you cannot go active.

Hotel lobbies usually need a hotel room number to go active.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
4. Re: places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Save

>>Hotel lobbies usually need a hotel room number to go active.<<

Don't assume. Many offer free wifi. Check first.

Edited: 29 August 2021, 02:15
Reply to: places to go to work remotely for a few hours with WIFI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rochester
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.