We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moose watching tour and/or lake tour

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
15,526 posts
32 reviews
39 helpful votes
Moose watching tour and/or lake tour
Save

We'll be in Greenville for a couple of days at the end of September/very beginning of October. We're planning to take the Moosehead Lake boat ride and are thinking of also doing a moose tour. I see both early morning and late afternoon moose tours, and both seem to be available by canoe or on land. Any experience with these moose tours and any recommendations you may have? (I'm night certain my wife would be up for a canoe tour, but let me know what you think in any event.)

I'm reluctant to make reservations too far in advance given the vagaries of the weather. For both the boat tour and the moose tour we'd be looking to do these on a weekday, if that matters.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
741 reviews
238 helpful votes
1. Re: Moose watching tour and/or lake tour
Save

Northeast White Water runs moose tours in the area. I have not taken a tour with them but did talk to the owner when he also operated the Indian Hill Motel. They used to have a daily count of moose sighted, but I don’t see it on their website now. Plenty of reviews

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,975 posts
141 reviews
147 helpful votes
2. Re: Moose watching tour and/or lake tour
Save

If you get a good-weather day, the Katahdin steamboat cruise is a truly memorable experience. As far as a moose tour by land or water goes, having done neither but having spent considerable time in the Maine woods, I would offer the observation that if the weather is "iffy" the land tour is more likely to go anyway, whereas the water tour is more likely to cancel, especially if it is by canoe.

Reply to: Moose watching tour and/or lake tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenville
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.