We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from/to Spokane in winter

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
Traveling from/to Spokane in winter
Save

Hello,

We are heading out to Schweitzer for the first time. We will be traveling from/to Spokane to Sandpoint and wondering what would be easiest drive. I am not sure what the weather is going to be like, but in case it snows, what would be the best route?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Senior Travel
Level Contributor
38,991 posts
116 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Traveling from/to Spokane in winter
Save

The best route, especially if it snows is to take I90 east to the US 95 exit in Coeur d’Alene and go north from there to Sandpoint. These are the main arteries are are cleared first and continually.

TBH, here in CdA we’ve had very little snow since Christmas. Thanksgiving week to Christmas we got a boatload of snow and I was shoveling frequently. Then it turned to rain for the lower elevation or snow that has melted quickly. The Interstate and US 95 up to Sandpoint at this time are bare of ice and snow.

The mountains are supposed to have fresh snow this weekend with a shot of frigid air. We are just supposed to get a trace in CdA so I expect the roads will still be clear.

Hope you get in some great skiing!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Traveling from/to Spokane in winter
Save

Thank you so much!

Reply to: Traveling from/to Spokane in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.