We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Car Ski Trip

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
No Car Ski Trip
Save

Hi, I am planning to spend a month or two at a Colorado ski area this winter. I would prefer not to drive. I am curious to know which areas offer the best opportunities to live near the slopes. Thanks a lot

4 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
1. Re: No Car Ski Trip
Save

Vail, aspen summit county steamboat Telluride crested butte All have extensive free transit systems so you can live away from the mountains and still get there easily. Slopeside is hard to find and you would be getting late to book something slopeside for an extended period.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
224 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: No Car Ski Trip
Save

Since you posted in the Copper Mountain forum, let me point out that while it is a great ski mountain, there is no town there. The base area is all condominiums, and a few shops and restaurants. You would be really bored staying a month there and would be riding a bus to the towns in Summit County for something to do.

The "Summit County" area that Keith refered to is Breckenridge, Copper Mtn, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin ski areas plus the towns of Frisco , Dillon, and SIlverthorne. They are all connected by a free bus line

https://www.summitcountyco.gov/586/Transit-Summit-Stage/

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
24 reviews
36 helpful votes
3. Re: No Car Ski Trip
Save

Summit county has an extensive free bus system. The Town of Breck has an additional free bus system around Breck call the Breck Free Ride (can google it to see routes). Thus, with no car, you will want to be near/walking distance to a free bus stop.

Silverthorne will most likely offer the least expensive lodging options but also require the longest bus rides to get to Keystone/Breck or Copper.

I would personally go either Breck or Frisco as both are towns, have grocery stores, restaurants...etc.

Might also depend on if you are getting a ski pass. If you are getting the Epic pass, Copper not part of it.

If getting a season pass to Copper, then Breck, Keystone, A-Basin not part of it...but then you would probably want to stay in Frisco area with a Copper pass...or I guess Copper and just come back to Frisco for shopping and more things to do.

Matt

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
4. Re: No Car Ski Trip
Save

Thanks a lot Matt.

Reply to: No Car Ski Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Copper Mountain
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.