We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?

6 posts
Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?
Save

Is it possible to see Mycenae and Argos in a single day trip by bus from Nafplio?

3 replies to this topic
Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
32 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?
Save

As far as I know, there is one bus from Nafplio to Mycenae every morning which returns about three hours later giving sufficient time to see the site. There are no buses between Mycenae and Argos but I’ve never seen any reason to go there. It’s the sort of place you pass through on the way to somewhere else.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
619 posts
86 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?
Save

Argos has one very interesting fact; it is one of the places in the world that has had the longest uninterrupted human settlement, since 5000 BC , it is worth stopping there and look around reflecting on this, but i would not go out of way to do that either :)

concord nh
Level Contributor
6,846 posts
63 reviews
52 helpful votes
3. Re: Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?
Save

There is a lot more to see in Mycenae as there's been a lot archeological work done there.

It's very impressive and you could spend hours there wandering around. Nice museum and some fantastic Tholos Tombs within walking distance of the main site.

I haven't been to Argos but from what I've heard doesn't have as much to offer a Mycenea.

An option to Argos could be Nemea with some wonderful "ruins"

You could do both but Mycenea and Nemea in one day especially if you have a car but get an early start.

Reply to: Mycenae and Argos from Nafplio in a single day trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nafplio
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.