We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

“STAY AWAY FROM PRIVILEGE CLUB BAHIA PRINCIPE- TIMESHARE WARNING”

WANTED TO SHARE THAT THE PRIVILEGE CLUB BAHIA PRINCIPE IS A 3rd PARTY TIMESHARE. They seem to closely intervene with the hotel and use their name and the desk is located right by check in at the hotel.

They do misrepresent themselves as a hotel staff. Very aggressive marketing, promises, lies. PLEASE know it is a scam and proved to be very difficult to get a refund.

I was kept in the meeting with the most fantastic promises, they mask themselves as a hotel Bahia Principe but it is RCI timeshare that operates via club experiences with developers.

It seems like these are parasite club, with so many staff on the property. They can afford to pay their salaries with your hard earned monies. They have so many sales reps and even seem to have properties and buildings at the hotel. Please be aware that regulation of time share in Canada and US is much more strict. The time share/vacation packages in US and Canada by regulations is required that all the fees be disclosed that there is no hidden fees and there would a clear cancellation policy on the contract.

Privilege Club made claims the contract was not cancellable. The lies included that this is the last day promotion because there is a new hotel that was just built, that they are affiliated with major airline for whole sale prices.. Which is all lies.. The sales team has a buddy- buddy attitude wish you the best etc, like they really wanted me to have this special promotion that ended on the day of my presentation. My husband did not come to holiday with me and did not come to presentation, I guess it could cause an issue with a contract or they just did not want me to advise him, so I was asked to not say I was married in the contract etc etc..

First of all, if you want time share- you might want to look to do it in Canada or US under US and Canada regulations, and review all the fees. You also definitely need to have more than one day to make a decision.. I looked at the fees and it is just not economical. THESE PEOPEL CANNOT BEAT WHOLE SALE PRICES. It is just me and my husband, so it is not economical for us. Second of all watch out for hidden fees for RCI. They sell this and advertise RCI membership - which is additional hidden fees.

The travel weeks are very restricted to only specific weeks. RCI weeks and application is also very restrictive in terms of time and availability. I did my research and it just does not make sense.

IF you had signed the BAHIA PRINCIPE PRIVILEGE CLUB CONTRACT.

DO NOT PANICK. SPEAK WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD company and they advise you how to handle this situation. I was told by my credit card to email this timeshare a short email advising I wish to cancel state the contract number and that I request full refund. Past that you do not have to speak with the time share again. In my case they had tried to approach me and sign a WAIVER to not sue them and not disclose information about this experience.

DO NOT not sign anything. THIS IS STILL A scam as they try to make you sign a document ONLY to NOT issue a refund and have your commitment to not sue THEM.

GIVEN MY experience, DO NOT TRUST a word this people say to you.

Maybe parts of what they say is true but overall impression and lack of disclosure it is not clear what parts are true.

I feel like the Bahia Principe hotel perhaps was trapped into this parasite type of contract, so I felt like the hotel is better than this scam and does not really deserve the type of reputation to be associated with the the type of co-ersion and marketing.

The whole experience of selling this time share membership was designed to deceive and disorient.

My main concern and most importantly these Club People do not disclose they are in fact time share and a 3 rd party and say they are the hotel. I would recommend to not think twice and run when u hear Privilege Club.

Also KNOW, if you get caught, under International VISA agreement if you paid with your credit card, you are eligible for a 15 - day BUYERs remorse FULL REFUND on timeshare and vacation packages. But only IF U ARE TO CANCEL within 15 days.

Otherwise I was pleasantly surprised with rooms quality furnishing and cleanliness in the hotels. Showers and bathrooms were perfect. Hotel staff were very good.

Another point however I found there is such a very large dining facility right at the at the beach so that the beach smells of food and not of sea and fresh air. The beach is large and very good though. Food was quite good.

I guess the timeshare was the main spoiler. They do not disclose you they are TIME SHARE and act a as CLUB of the hotel. SO BE ALERT!!!!!

1 post
1. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

Hi;

i wanted to know if you were able to receive your full refund once your credit card company got involved. I'm in the same boat and my credit card company asked me to send them an email stating i'm cancelling the contract and requesting my full refund.

Thanks;

2. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts Edited: 5 years ago
3 posts
3. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

I just cancelled my credit card so they can't charge. have you tried that?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 post
4. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

Hi there, just read what you put and i am interested in canceling my privlege club membership. So all i do is call my credit card company and tell them i want to cancel and they will take care of it or do i have to tell bahia to cancel or i will sue?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
17,049 posts
29 reviews
46 helpful votes
5. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

You say these people misrepresent themselves as resort staff... my question is for this resort and others.... how are they allowed to get away with this, how are they allowed on resort property? How much are they paying the resort to be there? Are the resorts in bed with them or not?

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

I can't believe how many people fall for this stuff...why go to the presentation that is the first sign right there...smh.

Amherst, New York
4 posts
7. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

Does writing an email and contacting your credit card company work?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

thank you for your information it was really useful

Erieau, Canada
Level Contributor
15,703 posts
109 reviews
256 helpful votes
9. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

As W. C. Field said there is a sucker born every day....oh yay.....

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,096 posts
31 reviews
142 helpful votes
10. Re: Privilege club experience at Bahia Principe TIMESHARE
Save

Karina,

Thank you for posting this information - lets just hope that more people are reading this and doing their reasearch before heading to a vacation destination basically anywhere - especially in Mexico where it is ridiculous and the Dominican Republic.

Why would anyone make a purchase of truly nothing for the horrific amount they ask for something that is truly nothing more than a time share, when on a vacation - I truly am amazed that people do after the thousands of posts, such negative posts and articles that have been written on this very subject for years - just Goggle, time shares for sale and sit back - you will not be able to read all the negative articles in a lifetime !

Here is the posting on this subject from here on Tripadvisor -

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k4333486-Bahia_Principe_Privilege_Club-Punta_Cana_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

here is another link to the time share offered at the Melia:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g3176298-i27325-k8326762-o10-Anyone_have_a_Melia_Vacation_club_membership_Is_it_worth_it-Bavaro_Punta_Cana_La_Alta.html

Nothing more can be said than what already has - " just say no " and keep walking !

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 5 years ago
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.