We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

I will be in Phoenix next week staying one night a Airport Hilton. I will pretty much have all of Monday there to myself. What are some things close by I could do? Any great restaurants? No special requests, just something to occupy my time. Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
1. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Right by there I believe is next to nothing. A look at the map shows a BBQ place.

If you have all day my recommendation would be to Uber over to Mill Avenue in Tempe. It isn't much further to go to Old Town Scottsdale from Mill. Lots of restaurants of various stripes as well as stores, etc. in both areas.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Mondays are pretty quiet, but if you make it to Mill Ave in Tempe, Caffe Boa has a great happy hour from 4-7pm.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
18,048 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

I have stayed at the Hilton Airport many times. They have a restaurant but nothing of any value nearby. Go to Mill Ave Tempe as suggested.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Are you looking for things to do during the day? Will you have a car? Surprisingly the forecast is the 90's next Monday which won't be much different from Houston in the summer, just less humid. If you're looking for indoor activities during the day please let us know what you enjoy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
5. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Indoor activities and I won't have a car. Yes- I am used to the heat in TX. Just looking for something to kill time with that would be fun. Thanks-

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Too bad you're there on a Monday. "Nothing of value nearby"? That's not just "a BBQ place" that it's near, it's Little Miss BBQ, arguably the best barbecue west of Austin, but they're closed on Monday.

Edited: 14 June 2018, 20:30
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
7. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

I saw it had good reviews but I haven't been. I'll have to try that. But not exactly on the beaten path.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
8. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

I could also stay at the Hyatt Regency...does that area afford me better options? Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
9. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Yes it does and on foot or by light rail. Roosevelt Row and the downtown restaurants/clubs/shops. You can grab the light rail and go to the Heard Museum. There's the Arizona Science Center too.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton

Agree with Hyatt downtown and 3gsooner's recs on activities. If you like history you could visit the Arizona Capitol Museum. It's an interesting look at our state's past.

Reply to: Good food/activity near Airport Hilton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Phoenix