We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

1 post
Beaches
Save

Hello, I will be planning a family trip from Texas to Orange beach in early August. Is the water there as nice as Destin and Fort Walton Beach? Blue nice water??

1. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2019, 00:47
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Beaches
Save

Dave here in Tyler. The above is the tourist bureau opinion. Most would agree that on the whole the water gets better as you go east but is weighed against more grass at times in the east.

Put Destin in the search box for many posts about this

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
98 reviews
71 helpful votes
3. Re: Beaches
Save

Well said Dave.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
218 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
4. Re: Beaches
Save

Anything east of Pensacola is like Destin. Lot more variation in OB although I have had many days I could see my toes.

Brandon, Mississippi
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Beaches
Save

I definitely agree with the gentlemen above. One suggestion - there are several live beach cameras from Gulf Shores to Pensacola to Destin - you may try Googling those to get a better idea of what each location looks like. If you want guaranteed clear, blue/green water, Pensacola is the soonest you want to stop coming from Texas.

6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2020, 12:41
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.