We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental home question

MN
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
33 helpful votes
Rental home question
Save

We are looking to rent "Morning Glory" a large yellow home right on Orange Beach and hoping someone here is familiar with this property. 2 things that concern us, there are absolutely no reviews for this anywhere and there is construction right next door. If anyone knows anything about this villa, or knows someone who has stayed there, we would love to hear from them. Also any locals who are near this area can you tell us what stage the construction is at? We believe the address is 22758 Perdido Beach Blvd. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you!

1. Re: Rental home question

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2017, 13:46
Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
852 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Rental home question
Save

Have you tried contacting the owner? I would be speaking to the people I will be renting from. Ask to see current pictures and answer your concerns.

MN
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Rental home question
Save

Thank you for responding. This villa is rented through Southern Vacation Rentals and when we spoke to them they just said there are are no reviews and there is currently construction. Is anyone familiar with this company?

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
125 reviews
153 helpful votes
4. Re: Rental home question
Save

My family rented a condo in Perdido Key through Southern Vacation Rentals about 2/3 years ago. I found them through Google b/c I was trying to book a condo at the last minute. Our experience with them was good. I liked how they had an app for my phone that sent us info, codes/check in info, etc. I recall going to their office in Perdido to check in & since our condo was ready, they sent us on to it before the usual check in time. Love it when that happens!

I can't remember with certainty how their review process is set up for their website. I want to say it's one where a renter can leave a "star" rating but maybe no comments (I may be mixing them up with another renal agency who doesn't allow for comments, so I apologize if I've gotten this wrong). So, with that said, we had a good experience with Southern but I don't have info on your specific house.

MN
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
33 helpful votes
5. Re: Rental home question
Save

Thanks Lee for your reply. Unfortunately SVR dramatically changed the price we were given so we are back to the drawing board.....

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
88 reviews
43 helpful votes
6. Re: Rental home question
Save

Babs..can you expand that last thought? Might tell visitors how to be wary...how why quote went up..I'd like to hear.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
125 reviews
153 helpful votes
7. Re: Rental home question
Save

Babs--sorry to hear that!! Any reason given to you for the change in price?

MN
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
33 helpful votes
8. Re: Rental home question
Save

We used the SVR website to get a quote for this villa for the month of February 2018. When we called, we discussed the lack of reviews and the construction next door, but unfortunately not the price because we believed it was as quoted on line. A few days later, when we were ready to book it, the price had more than doubled. When we called we were told the previous price was a mistake, that they noticed it while doing a booking for January.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
125 reviews
153 helpful votes
9. Re: Rental home question
Save

Wow, that's too bad. I hope it was an honest mistake but that makes me a bit leery...hope you can find another rental that you'll be happy with.

10. Re: Rental home question

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2018, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.